False track order from DLNA

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
IdPezzo

False track order from DLNA

Post by IdPezzo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:20 pm

Certain albums from NAS (via DLNA) play false track order. The same album frm SD card plays in the correct track order. How can I correct this issue?
(the same issue with FiiO X7 and M11Pro)

Pls help!
Attachments
SDcard - correct.jpg
SDcard - correct.jpg (228.66 KiB) Viewed 5290 times
DLNA - false.jpg
DLNA - false.jpg (236.41 KiB) Viewed 5290 times

blaubär

Re: False track order from DLNA

Post by blaubär » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 am

IdPezzo wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:20 pm
Certain albums from NAS (via DLNA) play false track order. The same album frm SD card plays in the correct track order. How can I correct this issue?
(the same issue with FiiO X7 and M11Pro)
So you've got three devices which show this effect, X7, M11 and ... what is the third ?
How do you play the tracks ? Folders, albums, albums by artist, songs by artist ... ? No difference there between playing from SD-card and NAS ?
Did you choose a sort for the tracks in the track list setup ? If not, do so ... does it make a difference ? If yes, which is it ? Does this explain the difference ( might be order of file creation etc ) ?
Did you correctly set up NAS ? There are errors that can be made, see eg
Stevehudds wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:08 pm
Think Ive found the problem, setting the path to nas using dnla upnp seems to stop the structure being identified correctly also selecting a folder structure with more 1000 tracks crashes dnla connection, all seems to work connecting using smb Thanks to all

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:21 am

And make sure the tags really are the same, that is the files are identical.

IdPezzo

Post by IdPezzo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 am

1. Two devices: X7 and M 11Pro
2. I always use folders. No other.
3. The track order on the NAS and the SD card is identical (the folders have been copied to the SD card from the NAS - copy-paste) - see picture
Files on NAS and SD card.jpg
Files on NAS and SD card.jpg (251.7 KiB) Viewed 5283 times
4. ' No difference there between playing from SD-card and NAS ?' THIS IS THE PROBLEM. THERE IS THE DIFFERENCE: the track order from SD card is OK, from NAS is NOT.
To confuse further the situation: FiiO Music plays the tracks in the correct order both from SD card and NAS - see picture
FiiO Music.jpg
FiiO Music.jpg (188.88 KiB) Viewed 5283 times

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:48 am

IdPezzo wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 am
2. I always use folders. No other.
What I meant was : you can tell Neutron how to sort the tracks in a folder. Did you do that ? Perhaps differently for the folders via stream and the local ones ?

folders.PNG
folders.PNG (19.92 KiB) Viewed 5282 times
a-folder.PNG
a-folder.PNG (33.44 KiB) Viewed 5282 times
list-setup.PNG
list-setup.PNG (30.56 KiB) Viewed 5282 times

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 am

IdPezzo wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:30 am
3. The track order on the NAS and the SD card is identical (the folders have been copied to the SD card from the NAS - copy-paste)
And the tags are also indentical ? You could check this using a tag editor or neutrons file info

file-info.PNG
file-info.PNG (12.82 KiB) Viewed 5279 times

IdPezzo

Post by IdPezzo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:29 am

Something is absolutely confused!
1. I checked: Both on the SD card and from the NAS ''Sort by' is set to 'Filename'. From the SD card it plays OK, from NAS not (as seen from the screenshots of my first post).
2. If I set the 'Sort by' for the given individual folder from the NAS to 'Track Nr', the file order becomes correct.

Just to test the situation, I started another folder from NAS - the file order with 'File name' was incorrect, with 'Track Nr' was correct. I loaded the same folder on the internal SD, and that playd correctly with both settings! Can you explain, why?

3. Since I have more than thousand folders (mainly classical music) on the NAS I store them in a tree system - basically Composer/album/CD, (3, but sometimes more levels), but it is impossible to set each folders individually. Thus, I tried to set the whole Classical folder (with all its subfolders and sub-sub folders) to 'Track Nr', but it does not work.

Thus, I have two questions:
1. Why does work well the track order both with 'File name' and 'Track Nr' from SD, and why does not work with 'File name' from the NAS?
2. How can I set the whole 'Classical' folder with its subfolders to 'Track Nr' (batch processing)?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 pm

I cannot test this. Perhaps the NAS doesn't work correctly with the file name, but with track number. And if your track numbers are set in such a way that the track-number-order corresponds to the filename-order that might explain the effects. I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com .

IdPezzo

Post by IdPezzo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Thank you for the efforts.

Péter

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:36 am

A new version 2.13.1 containing fixes for UPnP has been announced.
dmitrykos wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm
2.13.1:
[...]
! Fixed:
[...]
- UPnP Renderer could start playing local track instead of next remote;
- UPnP Renderer could not keep playing if Loop Track List was active;
- local track starts playing when UPnP Renderer is interrupted by the system;
- crash fixes in case of malformed SMB packet's data;
[...]