Media Buttons and Album cover

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
VasiliiRogov

Media Buttons and Album cover

Post by VasiliiRogov » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello to developer(s). Great thanks to you for your good app.

I had several problems:

1) I have got a special bluetooth media button with 3 buttons that I would like to use as "Vol+", "Vol-" and "Next".
Neutron recognises them as "Vol-", "Next" and "Previous".
So may it be possible to include reconfiguration feature to attach the wanted operations to each button?

2) Xiaomi redmi Note 8 has a big problem with Album Cover. It tends to be dragged to the left side of the screen leaving the black strip on the right. Considering round corners from one side of the phone it looks bad. Could it be centered or set by manual distance fixing.

3) Sometimes my tracks with embedded covers and lyrics are found to be in total mess. Covers are linked to the folder location and unfixed. The lyrics has no depiction and leaves no trace in such a file despite the fact that PC works with that in a correct way.

Well I am done there. Other features of Neutron are great as they are to me.
I will be glad if abovementioned things are in a patch list.
Thank you for your best player.

Sincerely yours

Vasilii Rogov
Last edited by VasiliiRogov on Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blaubär

Re: Media Buttons and Album cover

Post by blaubär » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:41 pm

VasiliiRogov wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm
3) Sometimes my tracks with embedded covers and lyrics are found to be in total mess. Covers are linked to the folder location and unfixed. The lyrics has no depiction and leaves no trace in such a file despite the fact that PC works with that in a correct way.
What have you set in Settings > Media Library ? Does that perhaps explain the behaviour you see ?

media.PNG
media.PNG (35.33 KiB) Viewed 1444 times

VasiliiRogov

Post by VasiliiRogov » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:54 pm

I don't think that it explains anything cause full files' reupload solves it. However as music collection grows it becomes more and more bothersome...
Besides tags, lyrics and cover are done by TagScanner software if it is crucial.

Prefer Metadata Album art - ticked
Ignore WAV metadata - unticked
Guess Metadata - unticked

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:05 pm

VasiliiRogov wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:54 pm
I don't think that it explains anything cause full files' reupload solves it. However as music collection grows it becomes more and more bothersome...
Besides tags, lyrics and cover are done by TagScanner software if it is crucial.

Prefer Metadata Album art - ticked
Ignore WAV metadata - unticked
Guess Metadata - unticked
Well, if a rescan solves the issue then it is no general problem, you'll have to rescan the device from time to time.

VasiliiRogov

Post by VasiliiRogov » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Rescan is not a clue to that. It is solved only after I delete files and restore them from PC backup store. Moreover I need to scan empty folder and then rescan it with backup copied. If I copy it with any intercourse with corrupted files, nothing will change.