Problem LG V30 quad dac switch on Qualcomm audio chip.

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Audiophileitsme

Problem LG V30 quad dac switch on Qualcomm audio chip.

Post by Audiophileitsme » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Good morning, everyone.

Following my first problem which was solved hard because it didn't detect my email address but was fixed and I thank the community for helping me.

I now have a second problem with neutron.

I own an LG V30+ thinQ (H930G) with the particularity of having 4 DAC ESS ES9218P.

Recently it no longer detects DACs while the HI-FI quad dac is activated in the system and neutron and instead it switches to the Qualcomm chip, I emptied the cache, installed reinstall the application and change different settings to see where the problem came from but nothing to do.

I did different tests with Poweramp and the dac quad works well.

As a result, poweramp now has better audio quality while neutron was far better than poweramp in terms of audio performance before this annoying problem.

Do you have any suggestions for my problem?

For me the problem comes necessarily from the application since poweramp worked well with the dac quad.

I welcome any suggestions.

Thank you again and I am sorry if the translation is bad, I am unable to speak English correctly and I use deepl as an aid.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

blaubär

Re: Problem LG V30 quad dac switch on Qualcomm audio chip.

Post by blaubär » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Audiophileitsme wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:12 pm
I own an LG V30+ thinQ (H930G) with the particularity of having 4 DAC ESS ES9218P.

Recently it no longer detects DACs while the HI-FI quad dac is activated in the system and neutron and instead it switches to the Qualcomm chip, I emptied the cache, installed reinstall the application and change different settings to see where the problem came from but nothing to do.

I did different tests with Poweramp and the dac quad works well.
Can you say what changed - you write "Recently it no longer detects" - what happend around the time the problem started ?

Recently we had a user who had problems with an LG G7. In the last post I suggested the following :
blaubär wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:17 am
iefc007 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:37 am
optimize the work of the Neutron with the Quad DAC chip of the LG G7.
I found this :
Shing wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:40 am
I am currently using the LG V20 and found that using the generic driver lets you toggle the Quad DAC again. Hope that solves your problem.
I suggest you set everything in Settings > Audio Hardware to defaults, if need be uninstall and reinstall, and then try again.
So do you use the "Generic Driver" ? Could you provide a screenshot of Settings > Audio Hardware ?

Audiophileitsme

Post by Audiophileitsme » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Yes I use the "generic driver" because it is much more efficient than the "HI RES CODEC"

But the problem occurred a few days later and was working very well before.

The problem is that it doesn't detect the dac quad anymore.
When I enable/disable the option it doesn't produce any sound changes while with poweramp there is a big difference with the quad dac enabled.

I'm sorry about the screenshot he refuses to copy the image to the album.

I will quote the parameters I have set.

Format
32 bit int

Frequency
768KHz

Mode
Primary/deep_buffer/offload/direct/direct/
Raw

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Audiophileitsme wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:40 pm
When I enable/disable the option it doesn't produce any sound changes while with poweramp there is a big difference with the quad dac enabled.

I will quote the parameters I have set.
What do you mean by "the option" ?
Where did you set the parameters ?
Do you use a "Custom Format" ?

Audiophileitsme

Post by Audiophileitsme » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:31 pm

The option I'm talking about is LG's option to enable or disable the dac quad.

The only custom format I use is what I indicated above on the "generic driver".

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:36 pm

The custom format says "expert use only!", so I suggest you don't use a custom format. Doesn't seem to help anyway.
Please find someone who can help you with the screenshots, without further information nobody can analyze this.

Audiophileitsme

Post by Audiophileitsme » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Whether I enable the custom format or not it makes me the same conversion to 16 bit/48Khz while my files are in 24bit/192Khz at the highest level.

I've been in audio for years and know how to use the software for the benefit of the hardware.

Being an expert I think I am expert enough for a custom format being a former owner of a Sony Xperia T3 and having modified the code to get a sound equivalent to the V30 from the factory.

And I wonder why it doesn't work both ways when before it worked very well and he recognized the dac quad.

In my opinion but that's my subjective opinion it's a software bug.

Then I was looking to check my opinion on the forum.

I removed it all my settings and I am still in 16bit/48Khz.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Audiophileitsme wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm
Whether I enable the custom format or not it makes me the same conversion to 16 bit/48Khz while my files are in 24bit/192Khz at the highest level.

I've been in audio for years and know how to use the software for the benefit of the hardware.

Being an expert I think I am expert enough for a custom format being a former owner of a Sony Xperia T3 and having modified the code to get a sound equivalent to the V30 from the factory.

And I wonder why it doesn't work both ways when before it worked very well and he recognized the dac quad.

In my opinion but that's my subjective opinion it's a software bug.

Then I was looking to check my opinion on the forum.

I removed it all my settings and I am still in 16bit/48Khz.
Well, if NMP doesn't recognize the DAC it's no wonder that you don't get any higher resolution.
I suggest you do some screenshots ( no offence meant : as an expert you'll find out how to do that ) and either post them here or directly write to the developer at neutronmp@gmail.com .

Audiophileitsme

Post by Audiophileitsme » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:38 pm

It's nothing, it's nothing. I'm sorry I may have been very direct. It's a defect I have that regularly plays tricks on me ^^".

Would you advise me to put on what kind of screenshot?

The custom format but for example what I tweaked in the "audio equipment" part and also the playback reception on 2 different playback applications like poweramp to show that the output format is not the right one?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Audiophileitsme

Post by Audiophileitsme » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:39 pm

I managed to find for the screenshot if not by importing the image on word that I can copy and paste now.