Long time discovering DLNA renderer

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
javaman

Long time discovering DLNA renderer

Post by javaman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:26 am

Hi. I've bought Neutron on Samsung Galaxy A50, use it to play music on DLNA renderer (Volumio on Raspberry PI 3).

It takes very long time (5-10 mins) to discover Volumio in 'Output to' option when i use my smartphone as wifi shared access point.

When wifi AP is running on second android device or on Raspberry or on router - it is discovering very fast, no delay at all.

BTW, it is no such problem with other player like Bubble UPNP.

Please check this out, if it is possible to solve. It is very important for me to run wifi AP on the same device.

djgw

Re: Long time discovering DLNA renderer

Post by djgw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:46 am

I have noticed this also except for me the problem occurs with a pair of Sonos Play 1's.

I have a Chromecast device on the network which Neutron detects reasonably quickly - 5 to 30 seconds.

The Sonos players take ages - 5 to 10m at least. Sometimes only one shows up. And sometimes inexplicably, scanning stops and the found devices disappear before the scanning starts again.

I too have noticed BubbleUPnP finds everything on the network instantly. The only device Neutron finds quickly is foobar2000 when I start it on my PC

Otherwise, output to a DLNA renderer takes too long to wait...

javaman

Post by javaman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:48 am

I think that it can be a problem of DLNA renderer in combination with Neutron. When Neutron starts before renderer (Volumio) - it is discovering instantly. But when Neutron is started after renderer is started - the situation with long discovery happens.

I've found a temporary solution - restart Volumio's renderer like this:

systemctl restart upmpdcli

and it appears in Neutron's "Output to" list right now.
Seems like i should implement a new button in my Android remote control app, which will send a command to Volumio like "restart renderer" ))))

javaman

Post by javaman » Tue May 25, 2021 9:02 am

Hi, i got new issue with DLNA - sometimes when streaming sound from Neutron/Android11 to DLNA renderer via WIFI, and receive an incoming call - Neurton looses dlna renderer and playback is not resuming until i stop Neutron via "Stop applicaton" and then start it again. I'm not sure when it started to happen exactly - maybe after update Android from 10 to 11 (Samsung Galaxy A50), or after updated Neuton to some of latest versions.

I wolud like to try to rollback Neutron to prev versions (download APKs from apkmirror etc), but i have it bought and i'm not sure that i will not loose it's ordering information.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue May 25, 2021 10:03 am

javaman wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:02 am
I wolud like to try to rollback Neutron to prev versions (download APKs from apkmirror etc), but i have it bought and i'm not sure that i will not loose it's ordering information.
Feel free to ask neutronmp@gmail.com how best to proceed.