samsung note noise gate

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
waardij

samsung note noise gate

Post by waardij » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 am

There appears to be some sort of noise gate on the Samsung note. the effect is that low volume parts are gated to silence. most annoying.
Can I propose that you add the possibility to add a low (programmable) amplitude subsonic signal (say 15 or 20Hz sine wave) so as to fool the noise gate in always signal present. I tried this with the sound-form app and it works great (but with this app you have to keep the screen on for it to generate a tone, and it sometimes turn the music player off).
regards,

Hans

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: samsung note noise gate

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Hans!

> noise gate on the Samsung note

I found this thread which is related to the described problem:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35861

It is possible that Samsung will disable it in future firmware versions, although how fast it will be, if at all. It looks like only Galaxy Note is affected by this problem so far.

I will consider adding tone generator in future versions of Neutron (as option in Settings -> Audio Hardware).

Best regards,
Dmitry.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 am

By the way, have you tried other firmware versions for your model, may be there is just one specific firmware which has AGC active.

waardij

Post by waardij » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks for the fast reply.

I do not think that the version has anything to do with it (see last entry here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1776575).

kind regard,

Hans