Repeat track not always working

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Razguul

Repeat track not always working

Post by Razguul » Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 pm

I have a playlist of songs and when I set the repeat single track option some do repeat but others get stuck at the last 2-3 seconds of the track. ( I manually choose which tracks I want repeated).

Update: A lot of tracks get stuck with 00:00.080 left to play (always silence) and don't repeat.

Liveinthemoment

Re: Repeat track not always working

Post by Liveinthemoment » Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 am

In order to help we will need more details I believe.

None of my files get stuck and I have around 5000 songs on my Archos G9 80 250GB.

Wild guess, probably way off - are they live bootlegs ? (I have many that were "corrupted")

Dmitry will probably offer to check the file for you.

My suggestions/thoughts and benefit of others.
1) check the files are not corrupted - You can use this for that.
http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1612

2) What format, bitrate etc are the files and are they from Itunes, CD rips - how were they sourced? Is there a common theme to the ones that don't work ?

3) What device do you have ? (is it an old device with little CPU/memory?)

4) Also did you resolve your Album art/tagging issue on the other thread ?

Razguul

Post by Razguul » Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 am

The same songs that Neutron can't repeat work just fine with Poweramp, Player Pro, etc. for track repeating.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu May 31, 2012 7:39 am

Hi! :)

Even if music file is playing ok on other players it may not play on Neutron because unlike others Neutron is using own decoders and they will behave differently depending on format.

Is it MP3 format which gets stuck? Does Neutron get stuck on random basis on different songs or on some specific and guaranteed? It will be great to know.

Also if you do not mind it would be great to have one such music file for me for testing, if you could e-mail it to: neutronmp@gmail.com.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

Razguul

Post by Razguul » Thu May 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Your player is too flaky and not well tested. Lousy interface too. Also, there are enough standards out there without you creating your own. Switching back to PlayerPro.

Liveinthemoment

Post by Liveinthemoment » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

Your post is unkind and factually incorrect.

Standards
- As patiently explained previously having its own database allows a 1 minute rebuild of 5000 songs versus a "flaky" (crashing) ICS default database rebuild of 40 minutes. Lets say you have many songs - which would you choose ?

Well tested
- Also it was patiently explained that if your files were tagged correctly (and a link to a tagging program was even provided - mp3tag) and they were not corrputed (again a link provided) then they would work. This is likely your problem - your files were either tagged incorrectly or/and had errors.

Lousy interface
- Its a personal thing as to whether you like an interface. Just because you don't does not make it a fact, it is an opinion. I love the interface !

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Razguul wrote:Your player is too flaky and not well tested. Lousy interface too. Also, there are enough standards out there without you creating your own. Switching back to PlayerPro.
There weren't similar reports about music tracks getting stuck and not playing in a loop until your report. There isn't any specific 'my own' standard. Neutron is using 3-rd party decoders which are mentioned in product license, they are industry standard and used in many popular software products, paid or free. On the other hand there are bugs in software products and for example Neutron may have bug in decoding some specific format, or other decoders, used in Android OS for example have buggy processing which allows to pass the the problem (it happens).

To try to find the reason of the problem more details are necessary from you: which format is having problems in your device and it would be great to have one such file to test on my dev. device.

Unfortunately without your help it is not possible to accomplish.