Possible changes to the widget and HDMI

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
acr

Possible changes to the widget and HDMI

Post by acr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:17 pm

HiHo,

The division into a widget for the Cover and a widget to control, was a great idea
The Control widget is great - there is nothing to improve.

But for the cover-widget, I have some suggestions
- A 4x3 sized Widget for larger cover. Or even better, with the possibility to adjust the size. I installed the GO-launcher and can enlarge all the widgets. If I try thiswith this widget, the cover remains small in the corner. :(
- Customizing for image location, progress bars. etc and choose it as a theme

My Dell Sreak has the possibility to connect an HDMI cable (via the docking station).
Unfortunately, the built-in player can only put out the signal via HDMI. Is there a way that neutron put out its audio data to HDMI?

Best regards
Andre

Liveinthemoment

Re: Possible changes to the widget and HDMI

Post by Liveinthemoment » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 am

On my Archos G9 my understanding is that only the default players can play using outputs such as the USB DAC (100% sure as I tested it with MANY audio players) and HDMI out (75% sure because I only tested it with the default and 1 other player).

I speculate that would require the maker to publish info for others to use (in the case of the G9 Archos put their own code into the default players) which I doubt would ever happen.

Not so sure about your device but my best guess.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Andre!

> A 4x3 sized Widget for larger cover.
I had requests for full sized widget already and agree that 4x2 without controls would be useful one with ability to stick controls to create 4x4 widget.

> GO-launcher and can enlarge all the widgets. If I try thiswith this widget, the cover remains small in the corner.
Just tested it and yes it does not resize. Resizing may not be good for Neutron widgets because cover art image quality won't have sufficient quality. It is better to wait till 4x3 implementation may be.

> Unfortunately, the built-in player can only put out the signal via HDMI. Is there a way that neutron put out its audio data to HDMI?
It may be the case that HDMI audio routing is handled by Android private/system API which stock player is using and thus no other player will be able to handle such connection. Do other players play through HDMI? To my understanding, when you attach to HDMI Android OS shall switch audio routing to it silently, without breaking audio output from different user apps (like it happens with Bluetooth connection).

Best regards,
Dmitry.

acr

Post by acr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:35 am

wow, that was quick :-)

The 4X3 widget is great. That's what I was looking for.
OK, and with the HDMI transmission I'll try out...

best regards
Andre