Trimming Silence

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
oilcan

Trimming Silence

Post by oilcan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:28 am

I did a few searches and could not find anything in regards to gapless playback -- in particular trimming the silence at the start and ending of each track. On my laptop and desktop computers I don't have that problem with "dead air" or unwanted silence because the MP3 players that I use automatically detect the silence at the starting and ending of each tracks and [discard] them.

It can be frustrating at times when a track has about 5 seconds before starting and then, at the ending another 7 to 9 seconds of silence is played. Imagine 9 seconds of one track ending; and then 5 seconds before the next track is [heard]. Wow! Approximately 15 seconds of unneeded silence.

Neutron needs gapless playback and/or the option to trim the silence at the beginning and ending of each track. Thanks guys; and keep up the good work.

Mobile

Re: Trimming Silence

Post by Mobile » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:44 am

I would be ashamed when my music library was in such a miserable state. If you get music from dubious sources that has such problems take a freeware tool like mp3DirectCut and edit start and end. Takes a few seconds only...

BTW, Neutron's ablities in gapless playback and looping (same file) are second to none, because sample accurate!