[FIXED {?}] Issue with disabled Sources and few Sugestions

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
intelliriffer

[FIXED {?}] Issue with disabled Sources and few Sugestions

Post by intelliriffer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi,
Just bought the app as it sounds probably the best with very little tweak.

Device : Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5100)

I have found few issues that might require a bit looking into.

1: Disable Sources does not stick after restart. : i have about 9 sources ( Most of them from Home network, multiple locations). around 24K songs..
when i disable few of the sources by clicking the left icon as in the screen shot, it takes a while and then removes the files/folder entries temporarily. (which works as intended) however if i close the player and restart (i have disabled the background process). the disabled source reactivates and does not stay red. Perhaps it's not writing to the db.

2. Disabling the background and using the device wallpaper background does all sorts of funky stuff with cover art and background . Seems like some alpha /color blending issue.

3: Clicking on the Folder/artist takes long time (around 20-30 seconds) to show the listing the first time, Probably due to lot of network paths etc. (not sure if it can be improved)
4. There have been random issues when adding / deleting sources , seemed like some threading issue.
5: Renaming Playlist or Entries , unable to place cursor between letters, Have to hit backspace all the way back.
6: Folders List Network Shares from sources as 192.168.2.2/Rock Music 192.168.2.4/Flac Rips.. etc. Shouldn't the IP part change to source (renamed) name.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: New User : Issue with disabled Sources and few Sugestion

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi!

Thank you for the observations :)

> 1)

I confirm it as bug and it will be fixed in coming 1.76.1 Android release. On other platforms - next update.

> 2)

This is strange as this feature never had any issues and actually OS is doing all the blending stuff. I will check for possible causes anyway. Could you make a screenshot how it looks like? You could e-mail it to neutronmp@gmail.com.

> 3)

Yes it can on large databases. The problem is that Neutron needs to load the underlying tree of subdirectories and it is quite time consuming. This area is under control and is being improved.

> 4)

It would be interesting to know which and if there are steps to reproduce then it would be great to know them.

> 5)

Yes, Neutron is not using standard UI classes provided by OS and text field is not that advanced yet. It is in to-do though.

> 6)

May I have screenshot how it looks like? You could e-mail it as for question 2)

intelliriffer

Post by intelliriffer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 am

Done!

intelliriffer

Post by intelliriffer » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:58 pm

@Dimitry,
I have sent you another reply to yours email about the graphic issue as well some new one, that i am reluctant to post in forums.
Thanks.