Automatic gain protection messed up after update

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Vaze

Automatic gain protection messed up after update

Post by Vaze » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:12 am

Automatic gain protection worked so great with the previous version. Compared to any other music player this was the absolute best. No clipping and crackling at all. That's the only reason I went for Neutron MP. But now it is back. Not as bad as other players but still very annoying and noticeable. What did you screw up devs? Please repair it. Thanks.
PS: No I will not set gain lower because then it is quieter than my dead granny's whisper. :shock:

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Automatic gain protection messed up after update

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:18 am

AGP logic was not modified actually.

Could you please check if RESET GAIN value was modified by chance? If it is not 0 please reset it with slider moving back and forth in Settings -> Automatic Gain Protection.

Vaze

Re: Automatic gain protection messed up after update

Post by Vaze » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:50 am

It's 0. Thouugh "Gain Correction Ratio" doesn't seem to do anything about it either. Couldn't hear a difference. If AGP logic is the same then maybe there is a mistake in programming. Maybe the AGP switch doesn't turn on everything it used to. I really don't know. A good comparison song with Neutron MP versions is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVqTScSZPKs starting at 4:05 and lasts only a few seconds. There is a huge difference with other players.