FTP and Webdav access can't find directory

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
alvinkoh

FTP and Webdav access can't find directory

Post by alvinkoh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:28 am

Dear Sirs,

i found couples days ago that ftp/webdav access can't find any directory or files inside when i try to rescan my server side music data via ftp/webdav.

can you fix the problem ASAP as i need to remote access to my server music data via FTP or WEBDAV, and that is why i bought Neutron.

Hope it can be fixed very soon, otherwise, Neutron will be a useless music music player to me.

this problem is just happen with one or two weeks, anything wrong with the program?

thanks and regards,

Alvin

lovemetal

Re: FTP and Webdav access can't find directory

Post by lovemetal » Mon May 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Same here, WebDAV stopped working recently.
I can connect to the server itself, but instead of real directories Neutron finds some randomly named folders and shows them as empty.

fberus

Post by fberus » Tue May 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Me too. I use Neutron to access the music files on a wireless memory stick that supports WebDAV because my iPhone only has 16G. I am now musicless until this is resolved. :cry:

horace

Post by horace » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:05 am

I had the same problem, but found the solution.

You cannot use certain symbols in your folder names like: Tilde (~) Number sign (#) Percent (%) Ampersand (&) Asterisk (*) Braces ({ }) Backslash (\) Colon (:) Angle brackets (< >) Question mark (?) Slash (/) Plus sign (+)Pipe (|) Quotation mark ("). For the file names it doesn’t matter, just the folder names should be changed.

You can search for a Windows app that can change file names or remove symbols easily. Google for batch rename files or something like that. After you cleaned up the folder names, Neutron will scan everything from Webdav. (with FTP I had no problems if remember correctly)