Normalization not working

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ewokuk

Normalization not working

Post by ewokuk » Sun May 28, 2017 6:32 pm

I am having a nightmare with the terrible interface in this app. And now normalization simply won't work.

I managed to eventually get it to normalize once by selecting the folder with my music in (long press), hitting the eq button and then selecting to normalize. But now I have added new tracks to the folder so I tried to normalize it again. Now when I long press the folder the only option I have for EQ preset is "unbind eq preset from this group". If I select that then all it does is go back to the normal screen where I long pressed the folder. If I do it again, I still get the same option "unbind eq preset from this group" even though I just selected to "unbind" several times. I have no idea what is going on here but it seems I am unable to normalize again to make sure my new tracks are normalized.

Aside from it not working, I am curious about the normalization. I understand it is different to replaygain and if normalization is used then it will ignore any replaygain values and use neutron normalized values instead. When I tried this, the tracks were much louder with neutron normalizing than when using replaygain. I applied the replaygain using foobar in windows to try to keep the tracks at a similar volume and to stop clipping. If the neutron normalization level is much louder than the replaygain level, am I going to be getting clipping from it?

I just want the tracks to be all of similar level (so I don't need to adjust volume all the time), and as loud as possible without clipping.

Mobile

Re: Normalization not working

Post by Mobile » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:16 am

If you long press on a folder/Album the option Normalize is found UNDER the option EQ Preset, directly in the list, not by tapping on EQ preset.

ewokuk

Re: Normalization not working

Post by ewokuk » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:05 am

aha I found it again now! I was long pressing on "folders" rather than going into that and long pressing on the one folder I have.

Now I am curious since normalization seems to make the tracks much louder than they were when just using the replaygain that I added via foobar on the pc. I don't know how it all works but would this not introduce clipping?

I am playing with poweramp too and found after using replaygain the tracks were too quiet, so i set the replaygain preamp to +4db in poweramp which helped but I am not sure if that has then introduced clipping or not (not really sure how to tell).