Crossfade is intermittent

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
JoeMikeGent

Crossfade is intermittent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:53 pm

One of the biggest selling points for me was the cross-fade feature. However it has been rather frustrating that it doesnt work most of the time. I have tried reloading playlists, resetting all settings, clearing cache. It will work for 1 or 2 songs then not function at all. Didn't seem to run into this issue during the evaluation period. I hate silences between tracks and starting to regret spending so much on an app where its most attractive feature, to me, seldom works. Any help would be appreciated.

Mobile

Re: Crossfade is intermittent

Post by Mobile » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:09 am

That sounds like a real bug which the developer usually tries to address quickly. But you need to give him more details: what is the typical sample rate of the files that you use and where crossfade stops working? And what phone is Neutron running on?

JoeMikeGent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I started using another music player out of frustration. I still cant believe I likely wasted my money.

Sample rate is typically 160-320KBPS (44.1Khz) and it's random, not tied to a specific rate.

I have an LGG4 (Verizon VS986) running on Android 6.

JoeMikeGent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Anyone?

JoeMikeGent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Android 8 on LGV30 and STILL having this issue. Cross-fade ONLY works on every song if I also enable it WHILE manually changing tracks. If I disable this sub-feature it only cross-fades on its own randomly.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:54 am

JoeMikeGent wrote:Android 8 on LGV30 and STILL having this issue. Cross-fade ONLY works on every song if I also enable it WHILE manually changing tracks. If I disable this sub-feature it only cross-fades on its own randomly.
How does this show ? Does it appear to be activated but doesn't work ? Or is it not activated any longer ?

JoeMikeGent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:53 pm

The settings are "crossfade - active" "Manually crossfade - off". Those 2 setting are unchanged. I can even replay a song and let it play through to the next, sometimes it cross fades, sometimes it doesnt.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:32 am

I don't use it myself. I see three switches : the "FADE" button below the eq, the "CROSSFADE" checkbox on the "FADER" screen, the "Manual Crossfade" checkbox in the settings of this screen.
So you've activated the first two of these three. ( or do you perhaps sometimes not enable the FADER at all by not activating it on the eq screen ? )
What times have you set ?
Could you try if activating the manual crossfade make a difference ?

JoeMikeGent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Manual crossfade on makes it work at a higher rate of success. HOWEVER, I have my crossfading at 11 secs, to manually hear a crossfade for 11 seconds when TRYING to quickly go through songs is annoying. I wouldnt mind if manual crossfade had its own independent fade/time setting. That way I could put it to only a couple of seconds or less.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm

JoeMikeGent wrote: Sample rate is typically 160-320KBPS (44.1Khz) and it's random, not tied to a specific rate.
That might cause an imprecise calculation of the length of the songs and thereby might lead to problems with crossfading. Try to activate Settings > Media Library > Precise Duration.