Internal DAC Fully Utilized?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
4sure

Internal DAC Fully Utilized?

Post by 4sure » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:15 am

I have LG G3 having 24-bit 192kHz internal DAC. How can I manage NMP fully utilize this DAC? On Audio Hardware page, NMP only shows 48000, which suggests partial usage. It may be that I am dumb at understanding NMP workings fully, in that case guidance is requested.

Incidentally I also have PowerAmp (alpha) which truely recognizes the DAC, and it seems the sound is accordingly clearer.

Thanks for any help.

SynekPablo

Re: Internal DAC Fully Utilized?

Post by SynekPablo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Hallo,
got the same problem with my AXON 7 and the internal AKM 4490 DAC.
I've posted my question some months ago but never get an answer.
If you know how to fix this problem. Give me a post please.
Thank you

enri

Post by enri » Fri May 19, 2017 1:32 am

I am the same with Onkyo DP-X1A DAP
The sampling rate is limited to 48000

ezailer

Post by ezailer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi All,

I have a Samsung S5 which supposedly also has a 192kHz 24bit DAC but when I go in to the hardware settings in NMP it says I have the following hardware.

CPU ARMv7 +NEON[#4]
VEC -
DRV AudioTrack (JNI)
Frequency 48000

I tested this and the frequency response cuts off at 24kHz (Proper for 48kHz sampling). However, I would like to know how to use the full 192kHz 24bit DAC that my phone has. Where is this limitation coming from? I have tried this app to see if it's just my phone and it seems to be the same result in all phones I tried including S8, S8+, G6, G7, and Google's Pixel. All say they have the same hardware through NMP audio hardware section.

If anybody can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Eugene

ezailer

Post by ezailer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:29 am

ezailer wrote:Hi All,

I have a Samsung S5 which supposedly also has a 192kHz 24bit DAC but when I go in to the hardware settings in NMP it says I have the following hardware.

CPU ARMv7 +NEON[#4]
VEC -
DRV AudioTrack (JNI)
Frequency 48000

I tested this and the frequency response cuts off at 24kHz (Proper for 48kHz sampling). However, I would like to know how to use the full 192kHz 24bit DAC that my phone has. Where is this limitation coming from? I have tried this app to see if it's just my phone and it seems to be the same result in all phones I tried including S8, S8+, G6, G7, and Google's Pixel. All say they have the same hardware through NMP audio hardware section.

If anybody can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Eugene
I have found that both Neutron and alike (ie Power amp) are limited to 48kHz sampling rate because of the way they use the hardware (sound is sent via Java I believe). This is too bad because I really like the flexibility of the equalizer and 64bit processing. Google Play Music app that comes with the OS can utilize the full potential of the DAC and I have tested my Phose to have 96kHz Bandwidth confirming that the DAC is running at 192kHz.

I hope that NMP creator will come up with an update to utilize the full potential of the hardware and continue to be at the top of the game.

Cheers,

Eugene

applecom1de

Post by applecom1de » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am

I second Eugene. Dimitry, we would highly appreciate an answer on this. Are you still around on here?

mayanspacecadet

Post by mayanspacecadet » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:31 pm

I have a lg v10 and I'm pretty sad nmp doesn't support the dac fully :'( also my galaxy s7 edge sounds straight up bad. Any ideas?

rofz

Post by rofz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 pm

LG V20 H990DS Made in Korea here, with an ESS Quad DAC and Android 7.0. It's 2018 already and Neutron still shows a sampling rate of 48.000 Hz. Is this a bug, a driver issue or lack of some feature in Neutron?

Plus: by purchasing the full version would we receive support for issues such as this?

Cheers!