Volume problem with Dragonfly Red DAC

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
enkaytee

Volume problem with Dragonfly Red DAC

Post by enkaytee » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:52 am

Hi

I've not been using my Dragonfly Red DAC with my iPhone for a while, and never had an issue with Neutron previously, but today when I plugged it in I'm having real problems with volume control. Basically, Neutron won't play on any other volume setting than full - if I use the hardware buttons or the gain slider in the app to change the volume, it immediately returns to maximum. This is on an iPhone 6S, running iOS 10.1.1 and Neutron version 1.92.2. I'm not sure if it's ever worked properly on this device as I don't think I've connected the DAC - but it worked fine on my old iPhone 6. I've tried reinstalling the app and a full reset on the phone and it's still the same.

Thanks

enkaytee

Re: Volume problem with Dragonfly Red DAC

Post by enkaytee » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:35 am

Quick update - I've just installed Neutron on my iPad Pro (same iOS version) and the behaviour is the same. I've also tested other music players on both devices which support external DACs and there are no problems...

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Everybody!

I confirm the problem in the latest 1.92.2 update on iOS. The temporary workaround until next update would be to switch off Hardware Gain in Audio Hardware settings. Next update will be release in the end of this week, so will go live on devices early on next (depends on Apple). I am really sorry for this unfortunate issue!

Best regards,
Dmity.

enkaytee

Post by enkaytee » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks guys - looking forward to update!