Neutron Player iOS has local library?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
axi321

Neutron Player iOS has local library?

Post by axi321 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:34 pm

I have not Neutron player for iOS. But has this music player local library? See the video player VLC iOS,nPlayer is available.

Or is this player only read only iTunes music,podcast,and network (UPnP). I need local. My iPad Mini has 128gb.

tonym

Re: Neutron Player iOS has local library?

Post by tonym » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Having used Neutron on the Z10 for years, I was happy to find it available for IOS when my employer gave me an iPhone 6. So, here I am trying to find somewhere I can put my music files on this phone where Neutron can find them. For the life of me, I can't. If there's no way to have Neutron actually find music to play, I'll need to ask for a refund from the App Store (Can't wait to find out how to do that!).

When attempting to add a local file system source to Neutron's Media Library, I have three choices:

1. Device / -
This shows the root directory of the device. I am allowed to select only two subdirectories: 1/Applications - Neutron doesn't appear to have a folder here (?!) and I can't create a directory. 2/Developer - This displays "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE" and I can't create another directory.

2. Documents /Documents -
This displays two folders: 1/Inbox - "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE" and I can't create one. 2/NeutronMP - which has a playlists subdirectory. There is nothing in the the later and I can't do anything in either.

3. iTunes -
I don't use iTunes. Much of the music I'm interested in is in FLAC format, which isn't supported by iTunes, anyhow.

When the phone is connected to my workstation (Centos 7.2), I can browse some of the file system, but none of the locations that are available to Neutron are visible to me. So, there is no way I can get files on my phone in a place where Neutron can find them. Since my mobile listening primarily happens on the subway, streaming isn't an option.

What is really frustrating is that I've had this phone for weeks and have still not found a good way to play local FLAC files. VLC is the only option, but the media library functionality makes it almost useless.

Based on my experience with Neutron on the Z10, I was excited to see it on IOS and can't believe there is no way to play local files.

Anyway, I'd love to continue using Neutron on the iPhone. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

tonym

Post by tonym » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Hello again. Just checking in. Surprised nobody else is really complaining about this.

It remains a frustrating problem and I'd appreciate a response.

Thanks!

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:25 am

There is no problem in the first place. You have to learn how to use iOS. iTunes' file sharing is used to drag and drop files or complete folders into Neutron. Later when you get deeper into iOS you can also use third party apps (ifunbox...) to do this outside iTunes, and have a better folder management.

Just remembered: you might want to use Neutron's FTP server function to do file transfer/folder management via your favourite file manager (like TotalCommander etc) directly from your computer, no iTunes needed then. Chances are you never saw this one. Go to the highest root view in Neutron, tap on Sources so that you see just one entry, Documents. Now perform a long tap on this one. At the bottom of the following page you can now enable the FTP server.

Hiding this useful and well working function at such a place is unacceptable, IMHO.

tonym

Post by tonym » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:16 pm

Hello Mobile.

Thanks for the response. I was losing hope!

So, it sounds like what you're saying is that I need to use iTunes file sharing in order to transfer music to Neutron. Since Apple has not released iTunes for Linux, that is not an option for me. I looked into ifunbox earlier as well. Same deal. IOS is unacceptable, IMHO (I had no choice, company phone).

Anyway, the FTP option looks like it'll work. No, I never saw this option so, thank you :)

Similarly, the VLC app for IOS had to include a web server so that users can load music onto their iPhones.

Thanks to you, Mobile.

No thanks to you, Apple.

neutronmpthrowaway

Post by neutronmpthrowaway » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 am

In case this is still being read, could anyone briefly explain how to set up a local folder with MP3s as an FTP server on Windows for Neutron MP to connect to? I just bought Neutron MP and it seems much more difficult than what I'd hoped for and I cannot seem to get it to work.

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Sat May 28, 2016 11:59 am

The confortable way is the other way round - Neutron is the server, and you use a file manager like TotalCommander as FTP client on your Windows computer. Then you see your local folder on one pane, and Neutron's directories on the other pane. Quite easy to set up as Neutron tells you the adress, user name and password when you start its FTP server.

State Of Epicicity

Post by State Of Epicicity » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 am

Hi there,

I have used Neutron for Android for years, but I've recently switched to iOS, with an iPhone 7 Plus currently running iOS 11.0.3. I just purchased Neutron for iOS, but I also cannot figure out how to get files to a source folder Neutron can access. I used the iOS FileExplorer Pro app to copy folders of .wav files to the already existing "iTunes Files" folder, but I cannot get Neutron to see this content, even if I enable everything under Device, Internal Storage, and iTunes under the Neutron Directory Selection. Under Sources, I see the error "Check if storage is accessible." Is there another way to get my files to a directory from which Neutron can play from my phone's local storage? It does not have any direct file importing function from a network, does it (I have been able to stream .wav files to iOS Neutron from my PC).

Reading the above suggestions, I created an FTP server, but I could not find a way to access it from my phone; what I can't tell is if I were able to get Neutron to access the FTP music folder, if it could actually import to a folder it could actually use.

Thanks very much for any help!

State Of Epicicity

Post by State Of Epicicity » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:06 am

I was able to create an FTP server that Neutron recognizes using FileZilla. Is there any way to use this server to import my .wav files to my iPhone (iOS 11) to a local folder from which Neutron can play?

Thanks!

State Of Epicicity

Post by State Of Epicicity » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:31 am

Mobile wrote:The confortable way is the other way round - Neutron is the server, and you use a file manager like TotalCommander as FTP client on your Windows computer. Then you see your local folder on one pane, and Neutron's directories on the other pane. Quite easy to set up as Neutron tells you the adress, user name and password when you start its FTP server.
Hi Mobile,

How do you start Neutron's internal FTP server on iOS 11? I can't figure out a way to do that.

Thanks!