EQ improvments

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
mikstrosd

EQ improvments

Post by mikstrosd » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:27 am

Hello everyone,
(I'm new here and I can't find anything about my suggestions ... forgive me if was wrong)
I love the expansion of the EQ section. But there are a few things that could make it even better.

1) It would be great if the name of the EQ preset in use could be found somewhere on the Play Now screen.
2) It would be even greater if right beside that name was a shortcut button to the equalizer preset list in order to quick compere different presets.
3) And it would be super if I could pick 5 favorite presets and later see them in a "drop-down list" when I tap the shortcut button.
4) During a song I often adjust some EQ bands but I usually don't want to save the changes when I switch to another artist/album or stop listening. Is it possible to get a control question like "Do you want to save the EQ changes you made?"?
5) Could the present Surround or Crossfeed setting be saved when you save a new/modified EQ preset?
6) Could the graphic representations of the different EQ bands also be merged into only one frequency curve? It's valuable to see both individual and total response when adjusting just one band? (Take a look at FabFilter Pro Q2 and you see what I meen.)
/Thanks for this opportunity

TYA

Re: EQ improvments

Post by TYA » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Nice ideas !

spark

Post by spark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:36 pm

Agreed. The audio changes substantially from one album to another. It would be awesome to have the option to save the EQ presets into each music folder to be automatically retrieved when playing tracks in that folder.

vivinant

Post by vivinant » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:49 am

> 4) During a song I often adjust some EQ bands but I usually don't want to save the changes when I switch to another artist/album or stop listening. Is it possible to get a control question like "Do you want to save the EQ changes you made?"?

I am bothering the author since more than a year about the current way EQ presets are handled - or better lost. The question you want is not useful. It must be the other way round - any changes are only temporarily, the presets are never changed once stored. The 'question' must come up when you actively load a preset, as this wil make you loose the current temporary changes.

I can't comment on all the other proposals because before this basic and most important issue is not fixed (loosing presets unintenationally and without noticing it) any other new feature makes the EQ preset handling even worse.