IOS 9.2 bugs and scan problems?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Luisdent

IOS 9.2 bugs and scan problems?

Post by Luisdent » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:57 pm

I just bought the app on my iphone 6 after playing with it on a samsung galaxy s6. It is amazing in so many ways, but there are a few problems destroying my ability to even use the app.

First, i have a 128gb phone full of music from itunes. If i sync itunes in any way via the app source settings, it has numerous problems. It usually simply misses most of the music. The music is all itunes 256aac format. An album will indicate 12 songs but only have one actual track in the list. A search of all songs shows the other tracks do not exist in neutron. And I've waited to make sure it wasn't still processing and nothing new ever shows up.

I can rescan and play with the settings but it either gets stuck looping the scan (scan, restart scan, restart scan, etc.) or it simply misses songs or deletes all the existing music list forcing me to do a full sync again (also lost my list once after a force quit during normal usage). So as of now i can't even get my music usable in neutron.

Second is that a few screens have a problem where you can't escape the screen. Such as entering a value for an eq point. You can't accept the value or get out of the screen without either force quitting the app or rotating the device. But both methods lose any value you enter.

Mobile

Re: IOS 9.2 bugs and scan problems?

Post by Mobile » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:45 am

Issue 2: you are right. This seems to be a bug since the latest version and affects all such input dialogs. For example if you tab on the number of the preamp slider to set it to exactly 0.0 dB. I do this quite often so the error can not be there for a long time already or I would have noticed this before.

Workaround for the EQ: it seems you use the cumbersome way to set it up: a long press on the EQ button to get a list of all bands with settings icons. The easier way is to tab on the EQ silders directly. Easier to set up and no such dialog.

Issue 1: I haven't used this function for a long time, and have only a few songs in iTunes. So others hopefully can help more. It might help the developer to know how many songs, albums and total size your music library has and includes.

Luisdent

Post by Luisdent » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks,
My library on my phone is 100gb. That is in 256aac format (compressed down selectively from my 400gb lossless library). It's about 13,000 songs.

As for the eq, i'm not sure what you mean...

If i long press "equalizer", it brings me to the same page as short pressing it. I do see the list of all bands and I didn't realize you could adjust the db bars right there, but it only lets you adjust the db gain on that screen. But my problem is that i want more precise frequency adjustments. Am i missing something?

If i adjust the frequency bar for one of the points and the point is at 9100hz, and i want it to be 9200hz or 9300hz, I can't do that, because the most precise dragging of the bar jumps about 300-400hz.

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:09 am

Yes you missed it (happened to me too). I wrote: The easier way is to tab on the EQ silders directly. Do that, but in the FFT/Analyzer screen!

That is an impressive library on an iPhone, and especially within iTunes. I am astonished bugtunes can handle that. Anyway, just to make this clear: these songs are 100% located on your iPhone? You do not have some Music MisMatch feature activated which now causes problems for Neutron to scan the partly virtual database?

Latest (not yet available on iOS) version mentions a bugfix in counting songs. Not sure if this is related here.

Luisdent

Post by Luisdent » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:51 pm

I'm not sure you understand me. If I click on the slider in the EQ analysis view, it takes me to the same place as clicking the equalizer in the settings menu and then clicking the settings gear next to one of the EQ points. Either way you do it, you get a bar that you can slide from left to right to adjust the frequency if you select the frequency radial button. But adjusting the slider jumps in large amounts and doesn't allow precise frequency selection such as a small 20 or 30 Hz change. It allows you to enter a value by typing the value manually, but that is one of the screens that has a glitch in the program and does not allow you to exit the screen or save the value you type in.

So as of now I don't see any way to get an exact value of 2500 Hz for instance or 2,250 Hz for instance. You just get the closest frequency near it that the app decides is appropriate, such as 2134hz or something. Just as an example.

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:43 am

Ok, got you. The parameter dialog bug is fixed and the new version is already with Apple for review, so help is on its way - at least for this issue. With the other one I can't help you, sorry. If that stays unusable with the next version then you should mail the developer directly.

Luisdent

Post by Luisdent » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:54 pm

I did. He gave me some things to try. I'll see how it goes. :-)

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:57 am

Perfect! Keep us updated please.