Glitches problem

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
HokieMatt

Re: Glitches problem

Post by HokieMatt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Hello Dmitry,

I installed the latest NEON release (1.76.0) and it's still behaving the same way. As with 1.75.4, the non-NEON version will not start at all, just crashes to Android home screen. NEON version will typically run for about 30 minutes before crashing. In addition, toggling 64-bit processing on/off will trigger a crash. Note that this does not happen immediately - if a track is playing, toggling the setting results in a momentary pause in playback, after which playback resumes for a couple of seconds before the app crashes. Once restarted it will continue from where it left off until it eventually crashes at random. If a track is not playing, once the setting is toggled, the app will crash within 6-7 seconds. Having 64-bit turned on or off seems to have no effect on app stability once restarted.

hemptaion88

Post by hemptaion88 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 am

Songs will glitch once in a while when it's running in the background and my screen is off on the Q10. Hope to see a permanent fix for this in any upcoming updates.

Mujik

Post by Mujik » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:19 am

I have a glitches problem in an Android TV Box Mele A1000G Quad -similar to the listening a vinyl- with Neutron 1.76.0 and another player.Without problems in my Samsung phone and a chinese cheap tablet.

It happens with several firmwares and I think that it is Mele fault but... some suggestion?.Thanks :)

RichieB

Post by RichieB » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I also have the glitches running the NEON 1.76.0 version. I am using it on a Volvo Sensus Connected Touch unit which is based on Parrot Asteroid Smart which is running Androud 2.3.7. I would very much like to have a stable music player, and Neutron seems very capable. Does anyone have an old version I can try?

millenium_neil82

Post by millenium_neil82 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:34 am

I also have this problem on my SGS with SlimBean 4.1.2 rom, running the NEON version. I have turned on the CPU Wake Lock setting. As soon as the screen goes to sleep, playback starts stuttering quite badly.

HokieMatt

Post by HokieMatt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Dmitry,

I wanted to update the stability part of this thread. After running into a problem where my Neutron license was missing, I reflashed my device, reset it to factory defaults, then reinstalled from the Google Play Store. The standard version 1.76 seems to be completely stable now, but the NEON version will not start at all. At least I can use the app now without dealing with crashes every 30 minutes.

millenium_neil82

Post by millenium_neil82 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:06 am

Is this issue going to be addressed? My evaluation period finished now (which I cannot fully utilise because of this audio stutter problem), so I want to make a decision on whether to buy the full version or not. If it's not going to be fixed in the near future, there's no point paying for it.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:44 pm

> screen goes to sleep, playback starts stuttering quite badly

This is caused by firmwares and not an issue of Neutron directly. In such cases OS is not providing enough CPU to Neutron when it goes to the background. For example one of test devices is SGS with official ROM 2.3.6 -> no issue with background at all, and it is just 1 Ghz single core device...

Neutron does max. what 3-rd party apps can: e.g. provides CPU Wake Lock option, tries to use min. possible CPU.

Standard player can play ok on the other hand but it is running as system process and does not suffer from aggressive CPU time management by OS scheduler.

In some situations using NEON version + 32 bit mode could help to avoid glitches due to OS scheduler as such combination is the fastest.

> NEON version will not start at al

Just uninstall standard one and install NEON and it will start. Somehow Android is not updating app of the same version correctly.

RichieB

Post by RichieB » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Is there anything we can do about this on rooted devices? Will renice help? Or can we declare Neutron as a system app somehow?

millenium_neil82

Post by millenium_neil82 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi dmitry,

Thanks for your response. As with Richie, I'm wondering if turning Neutron into a system app using Titanium Backup would help. My phone is rooted.