Metadata sharing with android OS

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Simmelweiser

Metadata sharing with android OS

Post by Simmelweiser » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:44 am

Hi. I am using a third-party equalizer along with Neutron. The equalizer can load presets based on the genre or artist (etc.) of the currently playing song. This feature worked awhile, but for the past few days the metadata is either not showing up to the equalizer, or the EQ will register a previously played song. I reset a lot of the player menus to default, but that has not fixed the problem. I think there may be a setting somewhere within Neutron that affects song metadata being shared with the Android OS.
I want to check here first because:
1. I remember Neutron was developed as a non-standard program that is isolated, more or less, from Android OS.
2. The equalizer app is based on the phone's built-in audio effects, and is more straight-forward than NeutronMP.
3. Questions are answered here very helpfully.

So does my problem sound like something that can be fixed in Neutron? Or is it something else? :geek:

By the way, thank you VERY much for fixing the database accessing freezes (I keep about 1000-1200 songs on memory and pressing play from songlists kept freezing the whole app); I was getting to the point where i was considering to use a different player, but this one is so great I didn't want to get rid of it for good.

Simmelweiser

Re: Metadata sharing with android OS

Post by Simmelweiser » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:57 pm

The problem seems to have fixed itself.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Normally 3-rd party EQs will interoperate with Neutron without a problem. Although Neutron is really isolated and fully native app it still is opening standard audio stream of Android OS using standard OS API. Thus it will be compatible with visualizers and EQs.

Simmelweiser

Post by Simmelweiser » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have begun to think the problem is with the equalizer app, or tag fields or something.

Simmelweiser

Post by Simmelweiser » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Update: The eq app works with the Last.fm scrobbling feature, so I have enabled it. So far the problem is fixed, but I will follow up if it breaks again, for posterity.