[INVESTIGATING] Max Database issue

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Hinge

[INVESTIGATING] Max Database issue

Post by Hinge » Fri May 17, 2013 1:04 pm

First off I just want to say thanks for such a wonderful music player, it really is a fantastic piece of work.

I have a massive library of music, all flac format, all highly organized (i.e. every file has been run through musicbrainz picard and all have the appropriate tags)

When I say massive, apparently too massive.

last night I imported the entire library in through an smb/cifs share and I appear to have hit a hard limit of 20,000 songs.

Does this sound correct?

I um...sort of have a lot more than 20,000 :)

I tried to refresh the database after the initial import but it remained unchanged.

FYI it took about 4 hours to import that many into the database.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Max Database issue

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 am

> I tried to refresh the database after the initial import but it remained unchanged.

Did you try pressing off/on Refresh button on source entry? When refreshing starts on display you will see REFRESH DB blinking message. Was it blinking?

In general, Neutron does not have any limits set. The long scanning time is due to the fact that CIFS/SMB is done over the network connection and it has latency. Especially if device is in WAN. WiFi is adding some 60-100 ms of latency from the OS side. If latency is small, like on wired LAN then scanning times are minimized dramatically.

teddytejero

Post by teddytejero » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:00 am

dmitrykos wrote:> I tried to refresh the database after the initial import but it remained unchanged.

Did you try pressing off/on Refresh button on source entry? When refreshing starts on display you will see REFRESH DB blinking message. Was it blinking?

In general, Neutron does not have any limits set. The long scanning time is due to the fact that CIFS/SMB is done over the network connection and it has latency. Especially if device is in WAN. WiFi is adding some 60-100 ms of latency from the OS side. If latency is small, like on wired LAN then scanning times are minimized dramatically.
Have the same issue >25000 tracks listed . The REFRESH DB is blinking. I can't get to show the SONGS list - Neutron MP crashes. CATEGORY / ALBUMS lists ok

Wired on a mobile device ... you must be kidding ...

Setup : OTG USB drive + Tablet Toshiba + Headphone Beyer T70.

Anyway I bought the App because the sound output is even better without my DAC (E17 Fiio).

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm

> teddytejero

What about latest 1.73? Does it still crash?

teddytejero

Post by teddytejero » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 am

dmitrykos wrote:> teddytejero

What about latest 1.73? Does it still crash?
1.73 still crashes on show SONGS list !

I Stopped all other apps/services on my tablet / DB still refreshing ( 6 hrs continious) ! GENRE - ALBUMS - ok

Other apps like P*****P take 10' to refresh te DB (+50000 items) no crashes here. Path =/SDCARD0/USBSTORAGE/SD1/MUSIC/ ...albums ....

How can I put all my tracks in one playlist ? Use an external program on PC and import playlist ? :idea:

Thanks / Merci / Danke / Muchas Gracias / Bedankt / ....

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 am

Thank you for your kind reply! I will check for possible cause of the crash.

The scanning speed you have is abnormally low because normally 1k files are processed within 2-5 seconds, so it would take around 2-5 minutes for 50k. Do you have any video files on the path? Video files are read more slowly. What is the major format of music files, MP3? or something else?

> How can I put all my tracks in one playlist ? Use an external program on PC and import playlist ?

Probably it makes sense to connect USB HDD to PC, and under Windows in command prompt it would be:

cd YOUR_DRIVE:

dir /a-d /b /s >> playlist.m3u

It will list all files and write them to playlist.m3u.

teddytejero

Post by teddytejero » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:59 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Thank you for your kind reply! I will check for possible cause of the crash.

The scanning speed you have is abnormally low because normally 1k files are processed within 2-5 seconds, so it would take around 2-5 minutes for 50k. Do you have any video files on the path? Video files are read more slowly. What is the major format of music files, MP3? or something else?

> How can I put all my tracks in one playlist ? Use an external program on PC and import playlist ?

Probably it makes sense to connect USB HDD to PC, and under Windows in command prompt it would be:

cd YOUR_DRIVE:

dir /a-d /b /s >> playlist.m3u

It will list all files and write them to playlist.m3u.
Dos script puts wrong dir in the m3u file ...have to change path for android

I removed all other playlists - files are mp3 , flac , ape

Definitely need script in neutron for handling files structure -- auto playlist -- ?...

Thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:07 am

> Dos script puts wrong dir in the m3u file ...have to change path for android

Yes, you need to manually rename paths with global find & replace action with any text editor, like Notepad++.

> Definitely need script in neutron for handling files structure -- auto playlist -- ?

But in Neutron you have Database View screen -> Songs section which is showing all songs you have, so I am a bit confused why you need to do similar thing with separate playlist.

teddytejero

Post by teddytejero » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:17 am

In the database view the SONGS don't show because there are to many ... +25000
THIS why the thread is started.

So back to step 1. I'm currently looking for apps that can make playlists by selection or auto-playlists.

OK found workaround!
Goto source - ad to playlist - takes long time - BINGO

Songs don't list up - but this is working for me :-)