[NOT BUG] neon version bug?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
slowz

[NOT BUG] neon version bug?

Post by slowz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:02 pm

today I bought neutron from android market and went ahead and installed the neon version over it. After that every time i started neutron I've had "this app has closed unexpectadly". That is wierd since a few days ago I had neutron demo with neon over it and it worked without issues.

any clue of why it's not working. btw using htc one x (tegra 3) with JB.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: neon version bug?

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Sometimes Android does not update app correctly. The reason is unknown and seems to be a bug in Android OS installer. You can uninstall Neon and install it again, then it will work.

To avoid loosing your settings you can move Neutron's db to alternative location:

Q: After uninstallation and then reinstallation I have all my settings lost, is it possible to avoid that?
http://neutronmp.com/faq

slowz

Re: [NOT BUG] neon version bug?

Post by slowz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:21 pm

I did that already and it failed atleast 3 times.
maybe I should find all neutron directories and delete them manually. and btw will completely deinstalling nutron and then installing neon version work, mean licence and all?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Yes, complete uninstallation will work too. Neutron will obtain license through Google Play Store app. Make sure folder /sdcard/Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp is deleted. If NEON is not working even after those steps then may be NEON is disabled on CPU of your device, or it is buggy (that is much worse). I believe basic version is working fine for you?

slowz

Post by slowz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Didn't have to do anything except delete usual version and install neon one. I thought neon one would bring lower power consuption so that is why I wanted it. Thx for the replies :)