Tracks auto added to player ios

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Stevehudds

Re: Tracks auto added to player ios

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:19 pm

For some reason when i click on the track in the folder as u suggest all the tracks in the folder go into the player, so if there are 20 tracks in the folder they all appear in the player rather than just the one I clicked on, also I cant seem to move them out unless I click on another track in another folder then all the tracks in that folder
goto the player

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Stevehudds wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:19 pm
For some reason when i click on the track in the folder as u suggest all the tracks in the folder go into the player, so if there are 20 tracks in the folder they all appear in the player rather than just the one I clicked on, also I cant seem to move them out unless I click on another track in another folder then all the tracks in that folder
goto the player
What exactly do you mean by "go into the player" ? I you do as I suggest they ARE ALREADY in the player, otherwise you wouldn't be able to click on one of them, so they cannot GO INTO it. So could you please provide some screenshots ?

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:15 pm

If I click on songs as in above screenshot and select one track I will end up with all 21659 tracks in player with player playing the track clicked on

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Stevehudds wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:15 pm
If I click on songs as in above screenshot and select one track I will end up with all 21659 tracks in player with player playing the track clicked on
You mean like this ?

tracklist.PNG
tracklist.PNG (93.42 KiB) Viewed 2495 times
This is called the tracklist. If you play a song from an album/folder/artist etc it shows all the tracks of that album/folder/artist. That's as it should be. You can set the playmode ( see above ) to control what Neutron should do once the song has finished ( stop or play next song or whatever ).

So you want to create a list with just one track ? Although there is no album/folder/artist etc with just the one track ? Can be done : create a playlist. Open the tracklist, long press on the one track that you want to play, add to a new playlist.

create-playlist.PNG
create-playlist.PNG (39.43 KiB) Viewed 2495 times

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Or you could directly start the file from the file manager by "Open With" ( that's how it is done in windows, I don't know about iOs ) and then choosing Neutron. Then Neutron will start up and play just the one song.

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:10 pm

I think using iPhone ios is a pain, cant even get screenshots into this reply, copy and paste dont work, If i click on songs all the songs are listed, i then click on one and it starts playing, if i then goto screen that has play pause on it, it shows name at bottom of track playing there is a songs symbol at left side, if i click on the track name playing it brings up all the songs with the track playing highlighted, so i assume i am now in the tracks playing window what i call the player, it would then play all 20000 songs, queues, tracklists etc dont seem to enter into it, it seems confusing, I would expect to just see the file that is playing not the lot ov them

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:26 pm

When using mconnect just use browser to bring up tracks, click on track tab and add to queue end or top play next, then track goes to player one after the other from the queue simples

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Stevehudds wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:10 pm
I think using iPhone ios is a pain, cant even get screenshots into this reply, copy and paste dont work,
Perhaps this helps ? screenshot-iphone
Stevehudds wrote:
If i click on songs all the songs are listed
Yes, there's a tracklist for all songs.
Stevehudds wrote:
i then click on one and it starts playing
Just as it should be.
Stevehudds wrote:
if i then goto screen that has play pause on it, it shows name at bottom of track playing there is a songs symbol at left side,
That's the "Playing Now" screen.
Stevehudds wrote:
if i click on the track name playing it brings up all the songs with the track playing highlighted, so i assume i am now in the tracks playing window what i call the player
That's the "Track List".
Stevehudds wrote:
it would then play all 20000 songs, queues, tracklists etc dont seem to enter into it, it seems confusing, I would expect to just see the file that is playing not the lot ov them
As described in previous post : if you want a playlist that contains certain tracks and you can't choose these files via folder structure or metadata, which it seems your music library is lacking both, then you can either create a playlist and add these tracks to the playlist, or you can add them to the queue ( which is a special temporary playlist, not the general "queue" that some other players use the term "queue" for ), and then play the playlist or the queue.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:38 pm

So it seems what this is all about is how to create order in a music library. There are basically two ways to do that : create a meaningful directory structure and put the files into it. Or get yourself a tag editing program and maintain tags on the files. Or still better do both. Without any order you'll have to improvise. Maybe there are music players better suited for improvising than Neutron. I'd suggest to create order and use Neutron. Once you've established an order you can then easily select the album/folder/artist/whatever that you want to play.

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Sounds like you are right, all the wav tracks were grabbed using audio grabber, to be honest it would be a massive job there is 600,000 tracks, structured in folders named as albums with track name and artist delimited in the file name.
without proper structure I get what you are saying, I think this would be a problem allowing others to use it on party night someone will just click on a track and all 20,000 will end up in the track list, looks like I will have to keep my old XP program running. It imports the simple structure and displays albums, artist and track names under separate icons then simply select what you want and they get queued, the queue can then be easily managed, the reason I was looking for a replacement is the program only runs on XP and I wanted to get away from proprietry hardware and move onto chromecast while keeping quality, as I am driving a serious system with 4 ATC base units with 1000W amps along with 5 500W THX speakers.
Thanks for your help