Tracks auto added to player ios

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Stevehudds

Tracks auto added to player ios

Post by Stevehudds » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:35 am

All my wav tracks are stored in a folder structure on a nas, path is set to the parent folder, when I click on the player all the tracks appear to be played, what I want is to simply search for tracks and them add them to the player, similar to the youtube player, does anyone know how this can be done

blaubär

Re: Tracks auto added to player ios

Post by blaubär » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:50 am

Do you want to tell the os to play certain tracks ? Or do you want to order neutron to do that ?
As for Neutron : it scans its sources and you can then play the available folders, albums, genres etc.
As for sources and scanning see link 1 link 2

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Or do you want to create a playlist in Neutron from the available tracks ? Long press on track and add it :

file-selection.PNG
file-selection.PNG (19.8 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
For that to work the playlists have to be enabled in Settings > User Interface > Optional Features

Stevehudds

Player

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:22 am

Does anyone know Why when selecting a file from a folder does it add all the files in the folder to the player ?

blaubär

Re: Player

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:03 am

[ mod : topics merged ]
Stevehudds wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:22 am
Does anyone know Why when selecting a file from a folder does it add all the files in the folder to the player ?
What exactly do you mean by "selecting a file from a folder" and "add all the files in the folder to the player" ?

Perhaps it would help if you provided some screenshots. Or answered the question regarding the topic you started yesterday.

blaubär

Re: Player

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:26 am

Stevehudds wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:22 am
If you mean that you start a track and then neutron plays all the other tracks from the track list ... You could change the playback mode, that might help.

playback_mode.PNG
playback_mode.PNG (74.97 KiB) Viewed 2396 times

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:10 am

Just to clarify I have a folder on nas that contains 20 other folders each of these folders are named as different albums, within the folders are wav tracks for that album, I set the path in sources to parent folder, if i now goto where neuton lists playlists, songs, folders etc it shows 300 songs and 1 folder, click on folder and Select parent folder I see all the album folders if I now click on the album folder all the tracks are shown but all the track are now in the player, what I expect is that nothing goes in the player unless selected and multiple selections or complete album selections go into queue until player is ready to play next track, as it is I am getting tracks in player i dont want to play

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:24 am

Stevehudds wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:10 am
if i now goto where neuton lists playlists, songs, folders etc it shows 300 songs and 1 folder, click on folder and Select parent folder I see all the album folders if I now click on the album folder all the tracks are shown but all the track are now in the player, what I expect is that nothing goes in the player unless selected and multiple selections or complete album selections go into queue until player is ready to play next track, as it is I am getting tracks in player i dont want to play
"all the track are now in the player" "go into queue" - that means you add the tracks to the queue ? and then the player immediately starts playing the queue ? Then you have enabled "Autoplay" in the queue :

queue-autoplay.PNG
queue-autoplay.PNG (28.96 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
You know that you don't have to use the queue at all ? The normal way to play tracks in neutron is to start playing from the tracklist, either a single track or the complete list :

play-tracklist.PNG
play-tracklist.PNG (29.89 KiB) Viewed 2386 times

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:26 am

You might also want to disable Settings > User Interface > Tap Track to Play

tap-to-play.PNG
tap-to-play.PNG (22.33 KiB) Viewed 2385 times

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Just to make sure we're clear on the following : you don't use "Sources" each time you want to play something. You add a directory or one of its parent directories once. Neutron scans it. Then all the folders, artists, albums etc therein are available in the library as folders, artists, albums etc and can be played from there.
Example : on my PC there is exactly one directory where all my music resides. So I've got one source for that directory. When I add subdirectories I sometimes have to manually rescan this source, but that's it for the source.

sources.PNG
sources.PNG (37.54 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
When I actually want to play music I don't select Sources but folders, artists, albums, whatever, scroll down to what I want to play, and start from there.

library.PNG
library.PNG (64.76 KiB) Viewed 2379 times