Some widget eyecandy

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
CJMCDM

Some widget eyecandy

Post by CJMCDM » Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 am

Yes.
I have tried quite many players in the recent weeks, and and have noticed that some stylistically improved widgets would fit great NP...even though they are fully functional it is just not to par with other players I've seen, and I know music quality is the most important thing about NP but making widgets more stylish is always a welcome feature.

Nostrovia

Re: Some widget eyecandy

Post by Nostrovia » Tue May 15, 2012 12:35 am

I guess there can be no disagreement here. It really doesn't matter what the program is, but those that look better or more stylish (of course quite often in the eyes of an individual user), will appeal to more.

Just out of interest are you able to post a couple of those you think look better or more stylish? I'm interested in having a look myself as I don't think Neutrons widgets are too bad at all.

Though, since using Neutron, I must admit I haven't been checking or comparing to others; at least not lately.

Cheers. :)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 15, 2012 3:01 pm

I am trying to improve quality of UI/graphics, so it is just a matter of time and progress of the app. I've seen/tried widgets of other music players and in comparison with Neutron they do not look very much better or worse than Neutron's. My idea with Neutron's widgets is to keep their look similar to main UI.

CJMCDM

Post by CJMCDM » Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 am

a bit more of transarency along with a more bluish tone, (and please remove the black bands behind the text) would suit it great :)

CJMCDM

Post by CJMCDM » Wed May 16, 2012 1:53 am

"Just out of interest are you able to post a couple of those you think look better or more stylish?"
sure, poweramp's widgets look great, and N7 player widgets are nice too. (the sound quality is not as good as neutron's so if you want to see them I suggest you to use the trial)

Nostrovia

Post by Nostrovia » Fri May 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Agreed Dimitry,

I too think the widgets, should look or follow the same format as the main UI. That provides nice uniformity!

CJMCDM I've never even heard of N7, so might give that a look to check on what you are referring to. Thanks.

I haven't had poweramp for a long time now & can't recall their widgets, however I do recall some folks complaining that their UI was quite 'clunky' & unappealing. :?

I suppose what appeals to some does not necessarily appeal to all.
a bit more of transarency along with a more bluish tone, (and please remove the black bands behind the text) would suit it great :)
Yup, I can certainly 'see' what you are saying here, but then again much would depend on each users wallpaper. Some might match up very nicely, whilst others not so? Another 5-10% additional transparency would definitely suit my androids appearance, but more bluish would probably clash with my rather dark wallpaper/background.
I hadn't thought about wallpapers until just now. Mine really hasn't changed for ~1yr. I might try something different, just for the sake of seeing how Neutrons widget looks. :)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat May 19, 2012 2:35 pm

I will try to improve widgets by next version. Especially I noticed problems if device has possibility to have landscape UI for main screen of Android OS (it can be done with Go Launcher Ex). So as I promised earlier with development time UI will be getting better.

Nostrovia

Post by Nostrovia » Sat May 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks Dimitry - no problems here - 'eye candy' would likely be the last of my concerns, though any form of improvement to UI through functionality can only be good.

:D

Nostrovia

Post by Nostrovia » Wed May 23, 2012 12:01 am

CJMCDM wrote:sure, poweramp's widgets look great, and N7 player widgets are nice too. (the sound quality is not as good as neutron's so if you want to see them I suggest you to use the trial)
Yup, I have now checked out N7....interface is indeed quite unique, sound noticeably inferior! I actually found it a bit laggy, so was not really impressed, but I can see its appeal in so far as appearance might be concerned.

Cheers!

Solidus

Post by Solidus » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:58 pm

I love the sound of Neutron, but use it far less than other players -- for purely GUI reasons. It's not about looking cool, but about safety driving a car. It is impossible to use Neutron on my GS II without crashing into somebody. The text is too damn small (and mine is NOT a small screen.) So yes, widget eye candy that is actually functional would be much appreciated.

I could write three pages on simple improvements to GUI. Stuff like removing the milliseconds that serve no purpose and cause me to not be able to read the whole name of song. Or the same album name being repeated for every song. Silly stuff.