Playlists not working anymore

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
horace

Playlists not working anymore

Post by horace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

All my playlists, but one, are not working anymore. All created with Neutron Player.

In front of the link to the music files there is a link glued to the music folder with the playlists, and that's not a valid address for the music file.

Example:
Before (working):
ftp://11.11.111.11/Music/Artist/Album/Song

Now (not working): /storage/emulated/0/NeutronMP/playlists/ftp://11.11.111.11/Music/Artist/Album/Song

And the name of the album is also changed in /storage/emulated/0/NeutronMP/playlists

So is this a bug in the app that can be solved or am I fucked?

horace

Re: Playlists not working anymore

Post by horace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Well it's definitely a bug. I have downloaded an old version with Aptoide and everything seems normal again. But I can't use it because it says trial expired. With a fresh install from the Play store, the bug remains.

So could you fix this asap please? Or roll back the update? I'm not sure which version started this.

One thing is for sure, if it works again, automatic updates will be turned off on Android for ever. :evil:

Wavywavylonggrass

Post by Wavywavylonggrass » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 am

I'm having the same issue. Have deleted/rebuilt playlists and uninstalled/reinstalled the app to no avail so thought I'd take a look here for bug reports.

The problem only became apparent when I played a different folder then went back to the playlist. I can scroll through the playlist and add/remove tracks, but touching to load has no effect - other than a momentary change to the play/pause icon.

Not much use for me without a playlist function so please look into this!

Looks like I'll be turning off auto updates for now. For Play Store customers it looks like (although I'm yet to try) you can turn off individual auto updates by viewing the app in the Play Store then touching the three dots at the top right.

horace

Post by horace » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:49 am

I realised that I have made a backup with Titanium a while ago, and I rolled back to version 2.04 (I believe) and now everything is working again. Turned off automatic updates too at the play store so this shit won't happen again in the future.

If you long press a song in the playlist you can see what the problem is at the "Folder:" section and why the song won't play.

horace

Post by horace » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Playlists are playing again and they are opening really fast and adding songs to a large list doesn't take forever anymore! I'm very happy now, it feels like I own new devices. :D