issues

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
kremix

issues

Post by kremix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 pm

hello everybody. 5 issues if I may:
1. please add name & title scrolling feature.
2. please make 2 versions for play store with/without neon: it keeps updating itself (with is good, but) overwriting my neon version. secondly: 80% of cpus over 600Mhz these days have neon instructions, right? so shouldn't neon version be on the market instead?
3. please make possible to change equalizer settings when normalisation (replaygain) is in use, that is kind of important. I only want to use replay gain not eq preset.
4. please if possible make auto disable eq when headset/ line out not in use (unplugged)
5. last one, when in streaming menu, back button shouldn't leave whole streaming menu but only playlist items (I have many DI.fm playlists in there)

additional question: why mp3 streams are being processed in 32bit only? (DI.FM)
thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: issues

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 am

Hi! :)

Thank you for the proposals.

> 1. please add name & title scrolling feature.

There is reason why it is not yet implemented: to avoid too many moving parts of the screen. So, it may be useful but would also add some distracting movements. It is in to-do list for future consideration anyway.

> 2. please make 2 versions for play store with/without neon: it keeps updating itself

I advise you to disable auto-updating for Neutron. You will notice notification from Google Play app about existing update instead and can then update manually from web site.

> 80% of cpus over 600Mhz these days have neon instructions, right? so shouldn't neon version be on the market instead?

I would say >80% ARMv7 devices have NEON SIMD support and only small percentage doesn't which is - NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPUs. Only because of these CPUs market apps are using ARMv7 + VFP compilation model for ARMv7 architecture. Moreover Google Market does not provide filtering by NEON SIMD and thus it is not possible to submit 2 versions of APK to Google Play where one would go for non-NEON devices and another for NEON (majority). I personally do not understand why Google has not yet implemented such filtering.

So in 2 words: currently it is not possible to automate NEON versions updates through Google Play and only manual way from Neutron web-site is possible.

> 3. please make possible to change equalizer settings when normalisation

It does not look right then and why would you need normalization then. Simply try adjusting Preamp gain to some slightly above 0 db value and make sure Automatic Gain Protection is active. The main idea of Normalization feature in Neutron - to avoid audio overloading due to EQ preset (for example you moved Low-band higher than 0 db and track has been normalized in studio that will result in guaranteed overloading of low frequencies) and to set ideal gain when it is at max possible dynamic level.

> 4. please if possible make auto disable eq when headset/ line out not in use

Do you mean when Speaker is active? Then it is is easy to achieve by making Zero-level EQ preset and bind it to Speakers (long press on Preset and choose Speakers).

> 5. last one, when in streaming menu, back button shouldn't leave whole streaming menu but only playlist items

Currently when you press on Streaming entry loaded playlist will be pushed to Queue. I am considering to open playlist under corresponding Streaming entry instead (just like when you press on some album, artist, ...).

> why mp3 streams are being processed in 32bit only?

Because there are 2 decoders in Neutron for MP3. The one which is capable of working in 64-bit mode does not support network streaming yet (but in the future it may change).

Best regards,
Dmitry.