[FEATURE] Bookmarking feature?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
thor777

[FEATURE] Bookmarking feature?

Post by thor777 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there's a bookmarking feature in Neutron Player? I can't find it anywhere.......

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: [NOT BUG] Bookmarking feature?

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi! :) What do you mean by 'bookmarking', would you please elaborate?

thor777

Post by thor777 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:04 am

It means to take a snapshot of where you are at in a song. It records the album, playlist or queue info for playback at a later time. For example, say you are listening to an album, but now you feel like listening to something else. You would create a bookmark at the spot where you are at in the current album. Then you can switch to other music. Then when you feel like going back to the original album, you would select the bookmark to resume. It works just like a bookmark you use when you read a book, you use it when you want to take a break from reading, and you can continue later.

thor777

Post by thor777 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 am

Rockbox has this feature and also others like automatic bookmarking at power off and ability to manage bookmarks like delete the ones you no longer want.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:38 am

After some considerations there is possibility to implement automatic bookmarking. E.g. there is button in the bottom of each list which is not current which makes list current and start playback. In 1.65 this button allows to continue list playback from the track where playback was stopped. This is now advanced in dev. version (PlayBook 1.65.2 release too) and besides last track the progress of that track is memorized too. It means that when list is stopped changed with another and then set back as current the progress of last track will be restored too.

Moving this thread to the development.

thor777

Re: [FEATURE] Bookmarking feature?

Post by thor777 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to try it!

Is it possible to implement a "bookmarks" option in the menu where you have the "Playlists", "Artists", "Albums", "Genres", etc screen so that all the bookmarks can be listed there and you can pick which one you want to continue listening to? What you have described in your post seems like you'll need to navigate to the folder or select the playlist first, then click on the button on the bottom in order to resume. With a "bookmarks" option, you'll be able to see all your bookmarks in one location and quickly resume whichever one you want.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Let's see how it works in the initial implementation and then it can be improved further. Instead of having separate section for Bookmarks may be it is simplier to return to the list and continue listening it.

maison

Post by maison » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:59 am

TankerPilot wrote:Will this bookmark work on audiobooks or podcasts? I really want a music player that also works for audio books and podcasts.
Me too, I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks and also to some music.

(For music, it's important to me to have .lrc, .txt and embedded lyrics support, which Neutron has to some extent, but this is a different subject.)

I download some podcasts and audiobooks from the computer and they are 30 minutes to several hours long. You certainly don't want to start them again from the beginning next time you start listening.

Also, sometimes you find a interesting part somewhere in the middle of the podcast or audiobook that you would want to listen to / revise later. In this case, you need to add several manual bookmarks at those positions (preferably add a small note as well) and easily jump to one of them later.
And obviously you don't want to lose the saved bookmark positions when you go to another track / podcast thread / audiobook. They should be memorised for at least as long as the file is present on the memory card.

callmefengzi

Post by callmefengzi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:32 am

hey should be memorised for at least as long as the file is present on the memory card.
Last edited by blaubär on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:49 am

I wanted to create a feature request for bookmarking an album and found this :
dmitrykos wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:38 am
After some considerations there is possibility to implement automatic bookmarking. E.g. there is button in the bottom of each list which is not current which makes list current and start playback. In 1.65 this button allows to continue list playback from the track where playback was stopped. This is now advanced in dev. version (PlayBook 1.65.2 release too) and besides last track the progress of that track is memorized too. It means that when list is stopped changed with another and then set back as current the progress of last track will be restored too.

Moving this thread to the development.
dmitrykos wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:51 pm
Let's see how it works in the initial implementation and then it can be improved further. Instead of having separate section for Bookmarks may be it is simplier to return to the list and continue listening it.
And it works ! Belatedly Thanks a Lot !