Genres view sorting configuration

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
jimfaker

Genres view sorting configuration

Post by jimfaker » Wed May 06, 2020 8:52 am

I think that was asked before but I can't find the post and its still not working in the latest release.

In the Genres view, is it possible to actually sort the listings by Artist / Album Artist instead of the default Album sorting?

Going to the Genres view, holding and opening the Setup there's two Sort by options. First one shows "Sort by: Albums", but going in shows "List is empty", not being able to configure this. The second Sort by (Sort by: Track List) shows a list of possible options to actually sort once you're inside an album

Can this be fixed in a future release? (Sort by: Albums actually showing options to show). The idea is going to the Genres listing and then getting a list of the Album Artists instead of the Album sorting.

blaubär

Re: Genres view sorting configuration

Post by blaubär » Wed May 06, 2020 10:07 am

I don't know what should by shown there. The options shown in the Album-Sort-Sub-Menu differ according to the view you're in ( genre / album / artist ) but I fail to see that the actual sorting always follows the options and the reason for the different options. Perhaps you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask them how the thing should work and whether this can be expanded. I'll move this topic to Development.

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker » Wed May 06, 2020 10:49 am

There's no options. The first Sort By (Albums) is intended (I guess) to show / sort the genres (when selecting one) by Albums / Artists or whatever. But there's nothing in the list, so I guess is a bug. The second Sort By is to actually sort the tracklist once you get to an album.

Thanks for moving this to the correct board. I guess the devs look here, and dont need to be nagged with things? (just asking)

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed May 06, 2020 11:10 am

jimfaker wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:49 am
Thanks for moving this to the correct board. I guess the devs look here, and dont need to be nagged with things? (just asking)
dmitrykos wrote:
Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm
Hi Guys! :D

Thank you very much for all your valuable input, thoughts and ideas!

Although I was not able to reply all new posts due to ongoing development of features from the to-do list, which do take a lot of time, your posts will not remain unnoticed. I will follow new posts slowly depending on the development schedule/load.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

Laephis

Sorting By Artist Not Working As Expected

Post by Laephis » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:28 pm

Hello,

I just bought the iOS version of Neutron after trying the demo and everything has been great except for the sorting feature. I've been trying to get the Genre list to sort by Artist, but it stays sorted by Album title no matter what I do. I've done a long-press to access the options menu on the Genre icon, the folder for the specific genre itself (i.e. Rock) as well as the All Songs icon, but setting all of them to sort by artist results in no change at all.

Am I doing something wrong or running into a bug? Thanks for any help.

blaubär

Re: Sorting By Artist Not Working As Expected

Post by blaubär » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:32 am

Yes, I can reproduce that. Probably a bug. I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask for confirmation.

blaubär

Re: Sorting By Artist Not Working As Expected

Post by blaubär » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:14 am

The developer even suggested a workaround :
dmitrykos wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:02 pm
> don't want to be sorted by album I want them sorted by artist then album

It is possible to achieve like this: go to Genres -> tap on desired genre -> long-press 'All songs' top entry and press [SETUP] -> choose sorting order "Artist, Year and Album" -> confirm -> tap on 'All songs' and you will notice that tracks are sorted in chosen order.
But as I said, this looks like a bug, I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com directly.

blaubär

Genre: Sorting By Artist Not Working As Expected

Post by blaubär » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:32 am

Or should we rather treat this as a feature and this topic as the request to eventually implement a working sort in genre ? I'll migrate the topic to Development.

Situation : sort in genre doesn't work
Problem : that's known at least since 2013, and we'd eventually like to use it
Proposal : fix the bug ( or remove the sort options )

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:49 am

[ topics merged ]