Add a tag editor and an Album/Artist artwork changer pls

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
satchel000

Add a tag editor and an Album/Artist artwork changer pls

Post by satchel000 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi, first of all thanks for your work, really good job. What makes you great is the fact that you listen to your customers, and hope you will do the same with me :)

I would like to see the possibility of edit audio's tags and (most importantly) to change album covers/artworks and author images. That would be great.

Again, thank you for your work and your patient, let me know if you would consider to add those features, have a nice work!

blaubär

Re: Add a tag editor and an Album/Artist artwork changer pls

Post by blaubär » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:22 pm

satchel000 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:46 pm
I would like to see the possibility of edit audio's tags and (most importantly) to change album covers/artworks and author images.
The developer promised to notice all proposals :
dmitrykos wrote:
Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm
Although I was not able to reply all new posts due to ongoing development of features from the to-do list, which do take a lot of time, your posts will not remain unnoticed. I will follow new posts slowly depending on the development schedule/load.
In 2011 he wasn't inclined to add tag editing Album art grabber and tag editor . There was a similar request in 2014 Id tag editor . I rather doubt that he will add a tag editing feature in the future.

YuriyIP

Post by YuriyIP » Mon May 04, 2020 4:37 am

+1 this is very nice option

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Mon May 04, 2020 6:18 am

Just use Kid3 on MacOS or MP3Tag on Windows. Tag writing will undoubtedly be faster on your computer's hardware.

iganiats

Post by iganiats » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:01 am

It is far better easier if you want to just correct a wrong tag, to do it inside Neutron instead of looking for other methods of correcting it.
So one more vote for adding a tag editor

Lavi Jaat 1232

Post by Lavi Jaat 1232 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:06 pm

+1

gabegibler

Post by gabegibler » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:26 pm

+1
I too would like either the feature of adding/editing tags, or of editing genre. I would like to make sure editing is possible at the album and individual song level, one at a time, or by multiselection. I guess I'm not sure whether Neutron actually applies genre at the individual track level; I can't remember actually observing it doing so yet, and it sounds like it doesn't. I certainly remember seeing that happening on other music players. So if it doesn't ... I think it's sufficient for my desires (and perhaps even better) that it keeps songs from an album together by genre.
Genre or grouping by type of music within an album is almost solely how I listen and get at music. This matters enough to me that I am going to make my own music player, since I can't seem to find any music players on Android that enable this (well, in an easily doable fashion). But I'm generally happy with Neutron as a player and song/library browser so far. So I figured it would be a great place to aim for improvement.
Would it be possible to do the development myself, or help with it, in order to make this happen? What language(s)/platforms should I gear up for? I've worked in C/C++, Javascript, and Python. Mainly websites and web apps, but also some data handling processes (in C). If it's Java, that shouldn't be difficult to take up.
Thank you for considering this!

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Btw : only tracks have tags. Albums are sets of tracks. So e.g. and strictly speaking an album doesn't have a genre.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:53 am

satchel000 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:46 pm
I would like to see the possibility of edit audio's tags and (most importantly) to change album covers/artworks and author images. That would be great.
should be possible now ( havn't found it yet though :-) ) ...
dmitrykos wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm
2.15.0:
* New:
[...]
- tag editing for MP3,FLAC,OGG,APE,SPEEX,WAV,WV,M4A,MP4 (supported storage: internal, SD [partial support], SMB, SFTP);

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:59 am

Ok, found it, only works on the internal memory, as it says. See file info, then 3-dot-buttons :

20201013_065719.jpg
20201013_065719.jpg (37.67 KiB) Viewed 3082 times