LG Q7 Plus hi-res support - Neutron did it

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
neutrappy

LG Q7 Plus hi-res support - Neutron did it

Post by neutrappy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:34 pm

My LG Q7Plus, although advertised as having a HiFi Quad-Dac (ESS9018), wasn't able to ouput SR above 48khz - tested different apps, all the same. Until the miracle happened with Neutron - you just have to go to Generic driver - long press and customise the custom driver (I've selected all frequencies up to 192K). To be sure, I downloaded a sweep sine wave from 5k to 96khz @192khz and recorded the phone audio output in Audacity through my 192K audio interface via ASIO driver - and voilá - it showed frequency output from start to end, while with other apps frequency output stopped a second 28 (out of 90) corresponding aprox to the 48Khz point. So now I can enjoy Hi-Res audio on this device.

LG Q7 Plus model LMQ610EA
MODEL: LM-Q610.FGN
> BRAND: lge
> DEVICE: mcv5a

neutrappy

Re: LG Q7 Plus hi-res support - Neutron did it

Post by neutrappy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:11 am

Well not all ok. After buying installing the full version I cannot reproduce the situation. Whatever the config I choose output is cut around 48khz. I have screenshots from my previous tests so something is different between evaluation and full version. I'll contact developer for any clarification and help.