[Request] GUI improvements

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
darkaeden

[Request] GUI improvements

Post by darkaeden » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 am

Hi,

is there any way to:
1) see album art in the artist view (right now i see only a microphone). In case of multiple album for the same artist, it can choose the latest one or so.
2) display artist view and album view in grid (3 rows).

Suggestions: if the user interface would be re-designed to be more in line with actual standards (something like Doppi or HS player), that would be great potentially increasing number of users having neutron as their main music player.

Following wish list to improve Neutron GUI
1) Grid view in Artists, Album. Instead of list only
2) Smoother animations (e.g. when changing songs the cover fades badly, in Kaisertone it flips)
3) Modern and slightly smaller icons (in general graphic look outdated and sort of low quality)
4) Panel: bottom in Play screen. Is there any way to remove the mini player? If I touch on it, it goes to the list of music, same as if I touch on the top right play icon).
5) Improved touch response on iOS (scrolling is really bad, looks like first is selecting whatever have been touched and the scrolling)
Last edited by darkaeden on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

blaubär

Re: Album art in artist view + Grid view

Post by blaubär » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 am

darkaeden wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 am
is there any way to:
1) see album art in the artist view (right now i see only a microphone). In case of multiple album for the same artist, it can choose the latest one or so.

Suggestions: if the user interface would be re-designed to be more in line with actual standards (something like Doppi or HS player), that would be great potentially increasing number of users having neutron as their main music player.
1) Enter the library, long press "Artists", invoke "Setup", select "Album Artwork". You'll then see the artist's first album art as artist art in the list of artists.
2) no

I very much doubt that the developer will change the basic UI design. The UI in neutron is a means to the end.

But this feature request has been noted here.

darkaeden

Post by darkaeden » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 am

blaubär wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 am
darkaeden wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 am
is there any way to:

1) Enter the library, long press "Artists", invoke "Setup", select "Album Artwork". You'll then see the artist's first album art as artist art in the list of artists.
2) no

I very much doubt that the developer will change the basic UI design. The UI in neutron is a means to the end.

But this feature request has been noted here.

Thanks!
1) I cant find this menu...(own the iOS version). If i go to Artist view and keep pressed on one of the artist listed, then setup, but inside cannot find album art. Could you please help?
2) notes

Yes, it is a mean, but the experience of using Neutron would be much more fun and user friendly then!:) let’s hope

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:12 am

darkaeden wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 am

1) I cant find this menu...(own the iOS version). If i go to Artist view and keep pressed on one of the artist listed, then setup, but inside cannot find album art. Could you please help?
You'll have to start in the library. That's the overview where you can choose what category of contents you want to see - playlists, artists, albums, folders, etc. You get there from the track list or the list of artists or any of the other lists by stepping upwards with the left-arrow-key in the bottom left corner. There do the long press on "Artists".

010202081540.jpg
010202081540.jpg (36.29 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
010202081217.jpg
010202081217.jpg (37.06 KiB) Viewed 4108 times

darkaeden

Post by darkaeden » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am

blaubär wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:12 am
darkaeden wrote:

You'll have to start in the library. That's the overview where you can choose what category of contents you want to see - playlists, artists, albums, folders, etc. You get there from the track list by stepping upwards with the left-arrow-key in the bottom left corner. There do the long press on "Artists".

010202081217.jpg
Great! Done! Thanks a lot!

Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:59 pm

darkaeden wrote:
es, it is a mean, but the experience of using Neutron would be much more fun and user friendly then!:) let’s hope
I have both Neutron and PowerAmp installed on my FiiO M11, and while PowerAmp has an undeniably pretty and "fun" interface, I find that I keep coming back to Neutron because of its no-nonsense design and speed. Plus Neutron has other features I value like "frequency follows source" for bit perfect playback.

darkaeden

Post by darkaeden » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:38 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:59 pm
darkaeden wrote:
es, it is a mean, but the experience of using Neutron would be much more fun and user friendly then!:) let’s hope
I have both Neutron and PowerAmp installed on my FiiO M11, and while PowerAmp has an undeniably pretty and "fun" interface, I find that I keep coming back to Neutron because of its no-nonsense design and speed. Plus Neutron has other features I value like "frequency follows source" for bit perfect playback.
:D Understood.
I also value more the functionality of neutron player which no other players has.
But a bit more of user friendly and UI intuibility would be much appreciated! :mrgreen:

Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:40 pm

If we could get Neutron's feature-set with PowerAmp's interface then it would be the perfect player software.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:23 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:40 pm
If we could get Neutron's feature-set with PowerAmp's interface then it would be the perfect player software.
If we kept Neutron's equalizer and spectrum analyzer, their GUI is way better than PowerAmp's. Anyway, won't be possible, as PowerAmp is married to Android's material design.

darkaeden

Post by darkaeden » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:07 am

blaubär wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:23 am
Mountain Man wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:40 pm
If we kept Neutron's equalizer and spectrum analyzer, their GUI is way better than PowerAmp's. Anyway, won't be possible, as PowerAmp is married to Android's material design.
Also GUI from DOPPI music player for iOS is dope!
Anyhow, at least a modernization of the GUI would be nice. Let’s wait if something moves