Files not shown in folder when sub folders are present

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
wzx

Files not shown in folder when sub folders are present

Post by wzx » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello,

On my android phone, in "Folders" view, if a folder contains both sub folders and files, only sub folders are shown, none of the files are visible.
But if there isn't any sub folders, all files are correctly shown.

Zx

blaubär

Re: Files not shown in folder when sub folders are present

Post by blaubär » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:35 pm

wzx wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:59 pm
in "Folders" view, if a folder contains both sub folders and files, only sub folders are shown, none of the files are visible.
On my phone there is a section "All Songs of the Level" below "All Songs" which shows the files :

2019-11-18 19.33.38.png
2019-11-18 19.33.38.png (67.4 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
Tap it and you'll see the files.

wzx

Post by wzx » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:01 am

Hello,

Yes, I also have this option, but it doesn't show files, it shows songs contained in the files.
As we already have a "Songs" view, I'd prefer that in "Folers" view, we stay consistent by showing real folders and files. When there are many files containing many songs, showing all songs together makes it hard to locate the music you want to play.

Thanks,

Zx

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:50 pm

wzx wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:01 am
As we already have a "Songs" view, I'd prefer that in "Folers" view, we stay consistent by showing real folders and files.
You could try to activate "Replace metadata with filename" from the list setup.

replace-metadata.PNG
replace-metadata.PNG (21.82 KiB) Viewed 2739 times

wzx

Post by wzx » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Yes, this displays file names. But I now get as many lines of the same file name as number of songs inside the file...

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm

wzx wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Yes, this displays file names. But I now get as many lines of the same file name as number of songs inside the file...
Yes, sure, so that you can choose which song to play. If you want to fuse several short songs into one long song you'll have to do so, Neutron doesn't do that. By the way, what file format is it that you use that contains several songs ?
If you would like to request a feature, say optionally treat the contents of these files as one track rather than identify the single tracks they contain, you could specify here what exactly you have in mind, then I would move this topic to Development.

wzx

Post by wzx » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello,

Example of those files are .ape + .cue.
.cue defines songs which are inside the corresponding .ape, Neutron understands .cue so shows the list of those songs.
What I expect is in "Folders" view, we show folders AND files (just like in Windows), keeping current "All Songs" and "All Songs of the Level" for showing songs.

Thanks,

Zixiong

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:09 pm

wzx wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:54 pm
What I expect is in "Folders" view, we show folders AND files (just like in Windows), keeping current "All Songs" and "All Songs of the Level" for showing songs.
And what action would you expect from Neutron when you tap on a file, let's say one that contains multiple songs ?

wzx

Post by wzx » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:50 pm

I would like:
- when a .cue and its corresponding file exist, we don't show the two files but only one without file extension. When tapping on it, we open the list of songs contained in the file. Then we can tap on a song to start to play.
- when there is no means to know the content of a file (no .cue or whatever other mechanism), when tapping on the file, we just play it.
- we don't show other (no music) types of files (ex: .doc, .pdf,...).

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Okay, as this is a feature request, I'll move it to Development