GROUPINGS, COMMENTS, PAST SEARCH, ALBUM ARTIST frames?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
harmonz

GROUPINGS, COMMENTS, PAST SEARCH, ALBUM ARTIST frames?

Post by harmonz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 pm

As I understand various "Frames" for ID3 Tag a usual list contains: Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, Title (Song), Year,
And these show in Neutron SETTINGS Media Library and as accessed through the upper right MENU button.
Missing however, is the ability to identify a "Work" such as the name of an Opera or Symphony or Performance, or even an Album title if this particular song's Album is a "Best of . . ." and you want to note the original album.

iTunes provides a few sections I note these details. One is called "Groupings" and Another "Comments"

I am hoping the future of Neutron (or perhaps presently unknown to me) will support Listing one or a few of these other "Frames." As I setup my library I am trying to decide in which iTunes field to put the Opera name.

So I guess I am here asking as well as suggesting development.

QUESTION:
***** Which "Frame" if any, might be Listed - Categorizable - Searched - by which a simple click will bring up all songs by anyone from or related to Rigoletta?

AND SECONDLY:

Regarding SEARCH.

The SEARCH window lists : Artist, Composer, Albums, Playlists, Songs.
CAN THIS BE ALTERED? Is there a preference to add Album Artist, and Work or Comments or Groupings, or Lyrics?

HOW ABOUT PAST SEARCH?

It would be great if Neutron's SEARCH window had the category (list) tag title of SEARCHES or PAST SEARCHES that kept an alphabetical record of the Searches I've done. If this field is "EDITABLE" I can search for Rigoletta and from then on PAST SEARCH quickly go to that name.
Now you may think, just type Rigoletta. HOWEVER we scan our media libraries sometimes just to find something new or something that might satisfy a mood. I personally am unable to remember all opera or symphony or composers names which often end up in the library under Various or are recorded deep in the song title text and not easy to find.
So
it is hard to search for what I cannot remember,
And
many entries and song titles are in error.
FOR EXAMPLE
Rigoletto is the proper name for that Opera (and the value of making PAST SEARCHES editable without trashing all app cache and data.)
AND EQUALLY IMPORTANT - "EXPORTABLE"
a lot of work can go into this section, and I've had to reformat and replace many devices.

Thus Having a PAST SEARCH WINDOW
accessible in Neutron - ANYWHERE - even through the SETTINGS
and making it Editable would make for a great way to TAG my library.
I could thus easily tag the name of the Third performer, when obviously Pavarotti gets the first position in the list.

AND
AS FOR THAT LIST

CAN WE NOT INCLUDE ALBUM ARTIST as a frame in the SEARCH window and the MEDIA lIBRARY

HERE'S A BIG WISH,
a check box in the SEARCH window that will allow searching or including the LYRICS in the search result.

Thank You so very much for the greatest app ever,
With highest regards,

MARC