network drive??

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
willardv

network drive??

Post by willardv » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi everyone;

I just bought Neutron Player for my playbook - works GREAT!!

This has probably been asked before, but would it be possible to access my network share to either play files directly from there? ie //easyshare/usb OR would it be possible to incorporate DLNA capabilities?

Another suggestion - in the streaming tab where you enter a new url - playbook users (everyone, I guess) need to be able to touch the field to get a cursor to be able to use the cut and paste feature. Can you give the operation of that tab another look, please?

Thanks!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: network drive??

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm

> network share

There are plans about DLNA, some small server app for Windows, MacOSX, Linux which would share local storage to Neutron through network. I hope I approach implementation soon.

> need to be able to touch the field to get a cursor to be able to use the cut and paste feature

Agree. The text fields of Neutron must gain some more convenience in terms of editing.

TheStanger

Re: network drive??

Post by TheStanger » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm

dmitrykos wrote:>There are plans about DLNA, some small server app for Windows, MacOSX, Linux which would share local storage to Neutron through network. I hope I approach implementation soon.
I really look forward to this. As it stands I don't store music locally on my Playbook but rather keep it all on a network drive. I really love your Neatron MP app but until this is implemented my app just sits idle.