New EXCELLENT Feature Explained - Foobar2000 style songlist

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Liveinthemoment

New EXCELLENT Feature Explained - Foobar2000 style songlist

Post by Liveinthemoment » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:45 am

I thought I would point out this EXCELLENT new feature.

It allows you instant easy access to your music library without needing to use a playlist.

How you do it:
1) choose a GENRE
2) long press ALL SONGS
3) choose SETUP
4) choose "Sort by Artist, Year & Album"
5) choose DONE
6) choose DONE

Now if you choose that GENRE and then ALL SONGS they will be ordered the same standard way Foobar2000 and other music players are by using SPLITTERS. I believe from my testing that no other player has this feature at all.

Why is this such a big deal ?

Answer
- you can listen to a 3CD live concert (eg Dream Theater in New York) or any multi-album from start to finish without setting up playlists.
- you can play all of one ARTIST start to finish in ALBUM order (eg the order they made them)
- At the start of each album is a SPLITTER which has the album art and other details so it is easy to navigate
- further each song has a number in the list. For example I have 1710 Progressive songs so each one has a number 1 to 1710 in the song list. So if having friends over I can choose a GENRE and start playing and forget about it for many hours.

Hope that helps!!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: New EXCELLENT Feature Explained - Foobar2000 style songl

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:08 am

Sticked!

Nostrovia

Post by Nostrovia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:34 am

Thank you Liveinthemoment .....maybe I'm a little slow here tonight, plus I haven't used foobar in some time...anyway, I'll have to check this out.

I can't quite understand why I'd need to do all of this to play a dbl or triple album, however I like the idea of playing a specific artist in album order. I'm not sure if I tried to do that or if I have, could I have done it any other way, without creating a specific playlist for that artist?

Suffice to say, sadly the past few weeks I haven't had a great deal of time to play music on my phone, though music is always not too far away, so having been giving too much thought to Neutron.

Looking forward to more time on the go with headphones on shortly.

Cheers!

:)

Fahrenheit

Post by Fahrenheit » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:55 pm

the same thing can be done for a Folder, All Songs ... assuming that all the music is stored in the same place

without caring about the album genre ;)

Nonaki

Post by Nonaki » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:48 pm

How can I disable Foobar to avoid the numbers and have songs listed by alphabetic order instead?