Landscape View

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Virtualizer

Landscape View

Post by Virtualizer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi,
at first I would want to thank the developer for the last update with the landscape UI.
Ultimately I can use Neutron as my default player with my premium car audio ;)
Additionally the sound quality especially with the eq is outstanding.

I have suggestions for the UI though:
First it would be very nice if you could choose from elapsed time, rest time track, rest time album, etc.
Then gestures for next/previous song/album would be nice too.
The wipe controls are also not usable (can't explain it, it's too snappy or something. I have an Asus Transformer TF101 with custom ICS ROM).

Regards

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Landscape View

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:42 am

Hi :)

> elapsed time, rest time track

It can be done in UI settings, will add it as option to switch on/off. As to whole album time then I am not sure about it because if you play music in random order it will be useless information but calculating total time is additional work for CPU and excessive complexity which I would like to avoid (at least now).

> Then gestures for next/previous song/album would be nice too.

Swiping display in Landscape will cause screen to move right/left. There are playback controls which slide out from the bottom, but they require one additional touch on bottom of screen for being shown.

> The wipe controls are also not usable

Do you mean those placeholders on the left/right of the screen? Will check their event sensitive areas and may be will increase it then.

Virtualizer

Re: Landscape View

Post by Virtualizer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Hi :)

> elapsed time, rest time track

It can be done in UI settings, will add it as option to switch on/off. As to whole album time then I am not sure about it because if you play music in random order it will be useless information but calculating total time is additional work for CPU and excessive complexity which I would like to avoid (at least now).
the track time would be all I need right now.
perhaps there would be an option to tap on the elapsed time in landscape mode and get the rest time?
dmitrykos wrote: > Then gestures for next/previous song/album would be nice too.

Swiping display in Landscape will cause screen to move right/left. There are playback controls which slide out from the bottom, but they require one additional touch on bottom of screen for being shown.
could imagine of context swipe like swiping on the time display. Don't know if this is something which can be realized though. It took me a while but I already found out what I have to do to get the controls ;)
dmitrykos wrote: > The wipe controls are also not usable

Do you mean those placeholders on the left/right of the screen? Will check their event sensitive areas and may be will increase it then.
Yes and No. I meant the swiping on all regions of the screen. It's very difficult to finish the swiping with screen change. But perhaps an increase of the button size would help too (or the event sensitive area like you said before).