One channel phase inversion?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
northrob

One channel phase inversion?

Post by northrob » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:47 am

Hello all. Is it possible to invert the phase of only one channel (L or R)? If not could that be added? This is a dealbreaker for me ;)

niket.play

Re: One channel phase inversion?

Post by niket.play » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:33 am

northrob wrote:Hello all. Is it possible to invert the phase of only one channel (L or R)? If not could that be added? This is a dealbreaker for me ;)
Please enlighten us with more info why you need pahse inv for single channel and why it can be a deal breaker for you and other similar people wanting this feature.
Maybe after knowig it the DEV will work on it. :)

northrob

Post by northrob » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:55 pm

It is a bit complicated but basically I need a one channel phase inversion for a car audio setup. I am using OEM head unit high level output for FM radio and phone (NEUTRON)/digital output for music listening. These are connected to a dsp which has only one setup possibility for all inputs (changing setups needs a computer). So my problem is with OEM HU which has high level output channels (L and R) out of phase. The other source (phone/Neutron) is not out of phase. With only one (or all) signal source the out-of-phase-problem is easily corrected with the dsp but in this case with two different sources one or the other is always out of phase and could not be corrected because of only one setup possibility of the dsp. Inverting one of the HU high level output`s polarity messes the dsp up so that is not a solution. So the easy way would be to switch also the other source (phone/Neutron) out of phase and that is why the one channel phase inversion is needed. I am also investigating a possible simple passive phase inverter for high level output but no luck yet. With digital it would be so much easier. I know this is a special case but inverting a channel phase could be useful to others too if someone has their loudspeeker wires mixed up and don´t want to mechanically switch them :D

niket.play

Post by niket.play » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:22 am

northrob wrote:It is a bit complicated but basically I need a one channel phase inversion for a car audio setup. I am using OEM head unit high level output for FM radio and phone (NEUTRON)/digital output for music listening. These are connected to a dsp which has only one setup possibility for all inputs (changing setups needs a computer). So my problem is with OEM HU which has high level output channels (L and R) out of phase. The other source (phone/Neutron) is not out of phase. With only one (or all) signal source the out-of-phase-problem is easily corrected with the dsp but in this case with two different sources one or the other is always out of phase and could not be corrected because of only one setup possibility of the dsp. Inverting one of the HU high level output`s polarity messes the dsp up so that is not a solution. So the easy way would be to switch also the other source (phone/Neutron) out of phase and that is why the one channel phase inversion is needed. I am also investigating a possible simple passive phase inverter for high level output but no luck yet. With digital it would be so much easier. I know this is a special case but inverting a channel phase could be useful to others too if someone has their loudspeeker wires mixed up and don´t want to mechanically switch them :D
OMG :? Wonder whether the DEV will work on it. Hope for your good that DEV will add something. :)
Cheers

northrob

Post by northrob » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:44 pm

I hope so too. Neutron allready has left and right channel flip and all channel phase inversion so one channel inversion seems doable. It would be another nice addition to the allready impressive list of features.

callmefengzi

Post by callmefengzi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:33 am

It would be another nice addition to the allready impressive list of features.