I got an awesome suggestion!!!

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
CJMCDM

I got an awesome suggestion!!!

Post by CJMCDM » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:57 am

I love the fact that the is surround mode and a crossfeed (really I love that feature. actually if this application would only have that feature to differentiate it from other in the market I would still have paid the three bucks)
Anyway I'm getting to the point now.
those are pretty awesome features as mentioned before, but they would be even more awesome if the player would automatically switch from one mode to another when the headphones would be connected (or disconnected of course)
but of course not removing the option of activating it.
this way we wouldn't have to go to the settings menu to change it.
thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: I got an awesome suggestion!!!

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:02 am

This functionality seems useful but Android does not provide any means to recognize whether external speakers are connected or the headphones.

CJMCDM

Post by CJMCDM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:25 am

That's a problem...
Then there may be another option, instead of the application automatically switching from a mode to another, you could just place two buttons instead of one (you know, one for crossfeed and one for surround sound) in the equalizer zone (although I'm conscious that there may be a lack of space and moving things may be necessary)
Anyway add it or not I can still go to settings>Stereo DSP>crossfeed/surround ;)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 am

Usually headsets have microphone. Will try to see if it is possible to detect whether there is microphone, or not. Then if no microphone I could make Neutron to automatically change DSP to surround.

ombranera

Post by ombranera » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 am

Hi, i think you have to introduce 3 elements:

1) more simple graphics UI and more simple menu trees for the music folder's
2) analog volume regulation for better level settings (like in voodoo app volume control with decibel tuning)
3) integrate with last fm service and lyric songs like Miui player.

Thank U and xcuse my bad english :)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi! :)

Last.fm is already supported. Neutron UI -> Settings -> User Interface -> scroll to Last.fm Scrobbling. It is disabled by default.

Lyrics - will consider for the future.
analog volume regulation for better level settings
Neutron provides 3 controls for volume: Preamp, Master software, Master hardware (analog). I have not seen what Voodoo offers but they could use customized access to drivers and thus could provide dB levels. Neutron, being portable app for all Android devices, can't use custom access and thus relies only on standard means of analog gain regulation offered by Android OS API, which has 15 levels of gains without specific mapping level <-> dB.

frank_li

Post by frank_li » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Usually headsets have microphone. Will try to see if it is possible to detect whether there is microphone, or not. Then if no microphone I could make Neutron to automatically change DSP to surround.
Is there a way to disable this auto feature? I use some good headphones which don't have a microphone and then it switches to surround.

Regards

Frank

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:16 am

Hi Frank! Yes, it is possible. Neutron UI -> Settings -> Headset / Jack -> switch off 'AUTO-DSP'.

frank_li

Post by frank_li » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:08 am

Hi dmitrykos,

I finally found this setting, but there is still a problem. I was not able to switch to crossfeed. Any time I selected it and pressed done, it remainded in surround mode. The only solution I found was to activate this auto feature again, connect a headset with microphone, that switched to crossfeed, and then while the headset was connected, I disabled the auto feature again. Then it remained in crossfeed mode.

Regards

Frank

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Frank! AUTO-DSP was choosing for you. I've made decision to hav it disabled by default so such problems won't appear anymore.