Using Neutron Rendering Core?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
nitephlight

Using Neutron Rendering Core?

Post by nitephlight » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:09 am

hi,

was wondering if it was possible to have other 3rd party apps utilize neutron's unparalleled audio processing? im assuming that this is essentially what is happening when streaming to neutron, except that the source is external rather than internal. specifically, i use Jriver media server to stream FLAC uncompressed typically 96/24 (i have unlimted verizon 4g LTE, only reason this is feasible lol) to it's remote player app Gizmo. but it kind of defeats the purpose if the android device is downsampling through its sub-par system.

my assumption is that there is an internet address that represents the stream being sent to the Gizmo player that i can intercept in neutron? if something like this is possible, what should i be looking for specifically? thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Using Neutron Rendering Core?

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:59 pm

> my assumption is that there is an internet address that represents the stream being sent to the Gizmo player that i can intercept in neutron?

Yes streaming server shall have some broadcasting address. If you find it out then you could try creating URL entry in Streaming section of Neutron and try playing it.