Neutron player for windows

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
neutron fan

Neutron player for windows

Post by neutron fan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:47 am

Hi,

I cant think of any other player that can reach the level of satisfaction that neutron has created, i think that learning all the features have been an audio engineering class learning experience itself. I would love to see a version of Neutron player for windows OS PC. I think that VLC has a lot good of good features but not at the level of Neutron. Please make this happen.....

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Neutron player for windows

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:24 am

Hi! :D

I am glad that you like Neutron!

> windows version

Neutron is developed fully in native code and is developed under Windows. But, although it is working, it needs some work to become a "normal" Windows application and for that there is no time due to active development. When all features are done then it porting to other OS will be actual.

adbo

Post by adbo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:27 am

sorry.. :oops:
in my opinion, there's no needs to porting the NeutronMP for Windows­® OS because of the Foobar presents there...
Neutron is the best for Android platform and many users which haven't ARM7 on they device board just cry on it :D :D :D
it'll be more usefully to developing this player for other CPU used by Android, isn't it?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:01 pm

> there's no needs to porting the NeutronMP for Windows­® OS

I will argue :) First of all Neutron is already working on Windows being completely native app (and I use it for listening music there as Windows Media players, VLC, .. all are loosing substantially by quality). On Windows it provides same better quality of audio with even more quality possibilities: hardware sampling rate up to 192 khz, hardware sample size >= 24 bits. Having some Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi class audio hardware will deliver very good quality of sound.

Android OS, yet, is limited to hardware parameters: 44.1 khz and 16 bits only that is very sad and won't open full potential of Neutron audio rendering core. These parameters are hardcoded into OS while some hardware can perform at 96 khz and with 24 bit resolution (Wolfson audio DACs in Galaxy S/Tab for example). I do not understand why Android OS API is so limited in these terms and can't provide an option to select desired hardware format...

The main drawback of Windows is absence of similar to Android Market, well developed commercial platform.

> other CPU used by Android

All ARMv6 devices have low specs. Slow graphics chip, low resolution of screen (usually less than 480x800), low memory and other problems. Neutron works on Galaxy Ace for example (ARMv6 800 Mhz) and consumes same (and sometimes lower) CPU % as on Galaxy S on ARMv7 1 Ghz but due to low-res of screen UI looks not pretty... So porting is not a problem, it was done long time ago, problem is low specs of devices, usually they are all very cheap.

Nashman

Post by Nashman » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Where can we purchase the windowsversion?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:56 am

There is no Windows version yet and it is not planned for release in the nearest future. Neutron has a long road-map of features and which needs to be implemented first before porting to any other platforms.

rs219

Post by rs219 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Add me to the list of customers (just purchased for my Samsung Galaxy 4) who would like to have the available on Windows (and, please, Windows 7 x64!).

I am sick and tired of players that try to do more than they should. Audio is audio is audio, and it's exactly the the point I saw this developer make concering the effort for Android OS. Media Monkey, IMHO, is the best for organization (since you can use their library or ignore their library and manually manage as I do with a good folder structure) and can rip/convert from anything to anything (just remember to put the Lame DLL in the program folder so that there is no limit on MP3 ripping).

But for pure playing - give me Neutron any day of the week!

I understand it is a lower priority, but the first step is to get it firmly on the development roadmap with a commitment!

Rob->

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 am

Welcome Rob! :D With more probability Neutron may be ported to iOS and Bada OS than Windows. If Microsoft did not say good bye to native code developers (C/C++) for Windows Mobile platform then Neutron would be there also.