Who wants this KitKat(ified)?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
uprightbass360

Who wants this KitKat(ified)?

Post by uprightbass360 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Hey there all! So after buying all of the good media players on the play store I have stumbled onto this one. I have to say at first glance I almost just uninstalled it as its UI is so dated, but luckily for me I changed my mind once I delved into its never ending pile of features. So this left me saying to myself, I have worked in design and am familiar with raster graphics, so why don't I unpack this bugger and see if I can polish it up. So over the past week I have been working through the assests updating and giving them a more current feel (ie removing the blue glow and gingerbread style bevel) trying to give everything a flat and high contrast look. There are still some issues, and not all of the graphics shown are the final resolution as I have been re tracing many for the final icon. Please feel free to look through em and let me know what you think.

Also I would like to reach out to the developer and offer my services so that any work that is being done here could be included in either an addon skin or a new update. Any chance you will be adding an option to change the image asset directory... ;)

**Edit** Updated 3/27

BASS
Attachments
Full-Spread_0001_Layer 2.jpg
Full-Spread_0001_Layer 2.jpg (63.03 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
Full-Spread_0003_Layer 4.jpg
Full-Spread_0003_Layer 4.jpg (99.4 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
Full-Spread_0005_Layer 6.jpg
Full-Spread_0005_Layer 6.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
Last edited by uprightbass360 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

uprightbass360

Re: Who wants this KitKat(ified)?

Post by uprightbass360 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Empty For now :)
Last edited by uprightbass360 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liveinthemoment

Post by Liveinthemoment » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:15 am

Not denying your skill but I far prefer how it is already.

Each to their own.

uprightbass360

Post by uprightbass360 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 am

Hey there, thank you for taking your time to post a response. I have no doubt that there will be those that favor the look and feel that is currently available, and I am in no way doing this as a means of criticism. The reality is that the only negative reviews that this app receives is due to its ui. The reality is it would be up to the developer though if he thought that this was up to his standards. After spending the last week playing around with the underpinnings of the app I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt there is no reason that if you were to dislike a more modern ui that an alternate skin could be chosen. In all fairness though, this is the first draft of a first draft and I am just doing this for fun. Really this is just a brainstorming session that I would like to drum up some constructive criticism and see if anyone would like to see some community development take place.

Ok, so back to development...

I have gotten through the first major round of images, and have all the major assets completed. I will be updating the op with a new thumnail of the current spread. Lemmie know what you think. You love it? You hate it? Anyone else there? :)

Cheers!

Liveinthemoment

Post by Liveinthemoment » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:11 pm

The negative feedback was almost entirely previous versions of neutron....not as it is now...just pointing that out.

georgew

Post by georgew » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:36 pm

I believe that ui needs huge redesign and improvements to be as quality as sound. hope to see changes in the future