Discovered a bug?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
art2work4

Discovered a bug?

Post by art2work4 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Yesterday I used the new pitch/tempo editor and noticed two things:
- is it possible to attach the user settings to an audio file so that next time the song is loaded it has the user settings? (now the settings are only saved as long as no new settings are applied
- the bug (at least that is how it feels) is that if a song lasts for two minutes and I speed up or slow the tempo, then the player still shows the original duration for the total song. It would be nice if this was updated, so faster tempo then shorter duration and visa versa.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Discovered a bug?

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:13 pm

> is it possible to attach the user settings

Currently not possible but may be it worth adding a kind of script language support. Such script files would be named as music files except the extension and would contain different individual setup for all aspects: Tempo/Pitch, EQ, Fade In/Out, Preamp, and etc. Will think about it because Neutron could use idling own scripting lib based on Lua.

> would be nice if this was updated, so faster tempo then shorter duration and visa versa

Tempo will change the speed of playback and thus track will play faster. Time/progress will move faster by Tempo ratio. Changing time Left would confuse user I think but of course Tempo setup dialog can have such setting button, will put it into to-do.

art2work4

Re: Discovered a bug?

Post by art2work4 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi Dmitrykos,

thank you for considering these ideas. I like the scripting solution and the Tempo setup dialog with a absolute or relative time setting button.