Normalization stuff

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
cmmike

Normalization stuff

Post by cmmike » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:38 pm

• It would be great to have an option of automatic normalization -- so that tracks are normalized as they are added, without the need for all the tedious finding the newly-added music in the UI, long-pressing on the folder (which still doesn't work properly, BTW -- more then half the time the UI decides that I've moved my finger or something), etc. Also, the "finding non-normalized stuff" task's difficulty is exacerbated by:
  • It looks like the UI doesn't really know which folders (or albums) are normalized, it just remembers where the user has applied normalization. Since I've normalized my entire /sdcard/Music/ library, its entry in sources shows up as normalized, but none of the other groupings (artists, albums, folders) do.

3200plus

Re: Normalization stuff

Post by 3200plus » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 pm

i agree, i just discovered this feature and i love it.

however on my sgs3 i dont get long press bugs.

i would love to see backgound search and update of new files/status during use being implemented and selectable as normalization at least on my setup changes a lot of things in the good way

NoteApplicable

Post by NoteApplicable » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 pm

My Normalization suggestion is to Remove the "Normalization" feature from under the "Bind EQ" option.

Normalization, which is a level / volume feature, has absolutely nothing to do with EQ / tone.

Personally I hate not being able to use the normalize feature. This is because to access it I have to "Bind EQ" settings, which I don't want to do, EVER! When I connect my Motorola Droid 4 to a sound system, I want my EQ preset for Flat Frequency Response to apply to all songs. Likewise, when I connect my phone to my earbuds, I want my EQ preset for my earbuds to apply to all songs. In both situations I want Normalization settings to still apply! However, with the current settings configuration, this is impossible.

If Neutron doesn't want to to change the settings configuration, they should change the function label to "Bind Track". since it controls Normalization (volume), DC offset, & EQ and not just EQ.

Obviously I'd prefer the "Normalize" option to be present within settings as an available option all the time above or below (and of course separate from) the "Bind EQ" setting on the same (or different) screen.

Normalization is a great feature, it simply is poorly arranged within the settings and thus significantly makes it impractical to use in cooperation with another great feature, the Parametric EQ with presets. At the moment, if we choose to use the Normalize feature we defeat our ability to select a dedicated EQ Preset & have it apply to a complete given listening session.

If we ever want the Normalization feature & an unbound EQ setting for multiple songs, after each song playback begins, I MUST reenter the EQ Preset list and select a different EQ Preset. Selecting a Preset is currently mandatory since the Bind EQ" prevents changing the EQ setting directly until the settings have been overridden by a preset. (The scenario gets worse if you don't or didn't save the temporarily desired setting to a preset. You would have to manually adjust all the sliders in the Parametric EQ for every setting that was different from the bound EQ settings.) This is EXHAUSTING! It doesn't work while driving, playing background music, for work, play etc., or anything for that matter.

Neutron, please consider this suggestion & separate the Normalize feature from the "Bind EQ" setting! YOU WOULD BE "AMAZING" THEN! :D

NoteApplicable

Post by NoteApplicable » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:45 am

Sherryfall,

What was your problem? It would help others if you could share some details about what you are wanting help with.

(How do I enable Normalization? - for example.)

maxuell72

Post by maxuell72 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:17 pm

NoteApplicable wrote:My Normalization suggestion is to Remove the "Normalization" feature from under the "Bind EQ" option.

Normalization, which is a level / volume feature, has absolutely nothing to do with EQ / tone.

Personally I hate not being able to use the normalize feature. This is because to access it I have to "Bind EQ" settings, which I don't want to do, EVER! When I connect my Motorola Droid 4 to a sound system, I want my EQ preset for Flat Frequency Response to apply to all songs. Likewise, when I connect my phone to my earbuds, I want my EQ preset for my earbuds to apply to all songs. In both situations I want Normalization settings to still apply! However, with the current settings configuration, this is impossible.

If Neutron doesn't want to to change the settings configuration, they should change the function label to "Bind Track". since it controls Normalization (volume), DC offset, & EQ and not just EQ.

Obviously I'd prefer the "Normalize" option to be present within settings as an available option all the time above or below (and of course separate from) the "Bind EQ" setting on the same (or different) screen.

Normalization is a great feature, it simply is poorly arranged within the settings and thus significantly makes it impractical to use in cooperation with another great feature, the Parametric EQ with presets. At the moment, if we choose to use the Normalize feature we defeat our ability to select a dedicated EQ Preset & have it apply to a complete given listening session.

If we ever want the Normalization feature & an unbound EQ setting for multiple songs, after each song playback begins, I MUST reenter the EQ Preset list and select a different EQ Preset. Selecting a Preset is currently mandatory since the Bind EQ" prevents changing the EQ setting directly until the settings have been overridden by a preset. (The scenario gets worse if you don't or didn't save the temporarily desired setting to a preset. You would have to manually adjust all the sliders in the Parametric EQ for every setting that was different from the bound EQ settings.) This is EXHAUSTING! It doesn't work while driving, playing background music, for work, play etc., or anything for that matter.

Neutron, please consider this suggestion & separate the Normalize feature from the "Bind EQ" setting! YOU WOULD BE "AMAZING" THEN! :D
Totally agree with you.

Spawny

Post by Spawny » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:21 pm

Me too. They need to be separated.