My DLNA predicament and challenge to NeutronMP

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
the_impossible_dream

My DLNA predicament and challenge to NeutronMP

Post by the_impossible_dream » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 am

I congratulate you on an amazing quality audio app. The sound quality is stunningly better than other audio players available for my playbook.

HOWEVER, I don't use local files much. Most of the audio I play is on my computer's hard disk, and requires being streamed. Therefore I require DLNA, plain and simple.

Currently when I play most of my streamed music, I am relegated to using Kalemsoft Media Player. Kalemsoft has a very simple and user friendly interface and handles streaming beautifully, either remote or DLNA. HOWEVER, Kalemsoft's audio quality.....well, it SUCKS.

Therefore I have both your apps on my tablet, and use either depending on what I need to do. Unfortunately that means I have to use Kalemsoft 95% of the time and I rarely play from local files. I wind up having to settle for much lesser sound quality as a result.

So here is my challenge to both Kalemsoft MP and Neutron MP:

Kalemsoft - Give me Neutron's audio controls and sound quality and you have me for life.

Neutron
- Give me DLNA in a useful/user friendly interface, and you have me for life....Kalemsoft gets ditched!

In fact, if either of these two companies ever gave me the complete product I want (DLNA + Audio quality), heck, I'd pay $50 for a dream app like that....that's how much it would be worth it to me!!!

Please, get busy and get us DLNA.

the_impossible_dream

Re: My DLNA predicament and challenge to NeutronMP

Post by the_impossible_dream » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 am

Just to add to my $50 comment. If you release a version with well working DLNA capability (w. good user interface), I give you my word I will donate $50 right away. That's a promise.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 am

There is discussion on network streaming here:
http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164

There I provided arguments why SAMBA/CIFS support will be more beneficial then DNLA. With support of SAMBA/CIFS you will be able to access shared drives on your PCs (Windows, Linux, OSX), also all NAS drives have SAMBA mini server which makes it possible to see NAS on LAN.

SAMBA/CIFS is better than DNLA because in Neutron you will simply create source entry, point it to network share and Neutron will scan music files as if they are coming from local storage. Because music file is read unmodified and its compressed data is passed unchanged over the network there won't be limitation on network bandwidth and quality at all!

SAMBA/CIFS is work in progress and is approaching to completion.

gogolo

Post by gogolo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm

SAMBA/CIFS is work in progress and is approaching to completion.
I am very looking forward to this! Thanks for your great work.

paulschulte

Post by paulschulte » Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Here is my DLNA challenge: I'm using a Blackberry Z10, which can act as a DLNA server. I would love to be able to stream from my BB to my DLNA-enabled Denon receiver (like I do with the native music player on the Z10).