multilangual interface?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
adbo

multilangual interface?

Post by adbo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 am

Hi, I'm from Russia and really amazing about sound quality of your player!
There is only trouble that many Russian users wants localized version of the program either multilingual interface option inside it (with russian language of course). if it needed, you may send me resource file and I can translate it properly.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: multilangual interface?

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi! :D It is not a problem for me to translate interface into Russian as it is my native language ;) I am sure it will be done with time being. First I need to complete ASAP features/functionality, everything changes and thus translation will be a time waste. I will make it possible to add own translation for all other languages by dropping XML (or any other simple format) file with strings into some special folder.

Time ... time ... just need to steal it somewhere! :mrgreen:

adbo

Post by adbo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:38 am

ok! please, excuse me for I did no attempt to get information about developer :oops:
in any case, I'm very glad to hear that you're planning to add the subj in future and ready to do all of my own for promotion your wonderful project! let me, once again, say "great respect" for decoding engine you created, it's really the BEST :!:

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:03 pm

:D :D :D I am really glad that you like it! Thank you.

ombranera

Post by ombranera » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 am

Italian Language too!!! pls :)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:30 am

From next coming version it will be possible to have multilingual interface. All strings will be hosted by strings_xx_XX.xml files where xx_XX will stand for locale, like: en_EN - for English, ru_RU - for Russian, it_IT - for Italian... In coming version will be 2 locales available for choice - English and Russian, because both I know well and can provide correctly. As to other languages it will take time to get them into Neutron because its UI is still under development and these strings will be changing/adding.

Nevertheless, Neutron will support user-side strings as well, by dropping strings_xx_XX.xml file to /sdcard/data/Android/co.neutroncode.mp/ directory.