random song pieces [UNRELATED]

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Acinamoras

random song pieces [UNRELATED]

Post by Acinamoras » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:10 am

I just noticed this but it would seem the media player is taking pieces of songs from other folders and playing them sometimes over whatever song I've selected to be played. Like, I'll have 2 minutes of the right song, then 6 seconds of some other song from a folder I haven't even told the app to look at before, then more of the right song, and then some other song piece from a different folder still. I've verified the source files aren't like this so I have no idea whats going on... especially since your app is designed to only look at folders I've specified it to. I keep all of my music in the media folder on my phone and each artist has their own folder within that folder. Like I said, it seems to be grabbing parts of songs out of files I haven't told it to look at yet and randomly play them (in the exact same place each time) on certain songs.

Acinamoras

Re: random song pieces

Post by Acinamoras » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:18 am

Scratch the uncorrupted part... the files were indeed uncorrupted when I put them there but before I could play them a single time, it seems the other song parts actually got written into the files. Any idea if this would be from your app or from something else?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: random song pieces

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am

> I'll have 2 minutes of the right song, then 6 seconds of some other song from a folder I haven't even told the app to look at before

It is impossible for Neutron. If it parsed music into its Database it will know about music file only if it is inside the database. The code logics of Neutron does not make such behavior possible. May be you have some other music apps which interfere with your actions and try to play music, for example if you stick headphones some music apps can start playback automatically.

> it seems the other song parts actually got written into the files

Also not possible with Neutron because it never touches music files in Write mode. All files are being opened in Read-Only mode. May be there are some other apps which are trying to do something with your music?