[NOT BUG] Force Close when using NEON version

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
hkfoot

[NOT BUG] Force Close when using NEON version

Post by hkfoot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 am

I just purchased Neutron MP today through Google Play, installed and play music without any problem, then I download the NEON version from this website according to the instruction and install the app. Everything is ok until I try to open Neutron MP, it FC every time without showing the main interface. I have to uninstall it and download the player from Google Play again in order to play my music.

What's going on? Both version is 1.65 and my phone is SG Note II.

(Note: If I uninstall the google play version first and then install the neon version, it works without FC but show the expiry screen. So this FC problem seems only happens when I try to install the neon version after the google play version is installed)

Sorry for my bad english.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Force Close when using NEON version

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 am

Hi Hkfoot!

Please try uninstalling standard version then and install NEON, as you have noticed it is not force closing.

'expiry screen' problem does not depend on whether you are running version from Google Play or NEON, simply make sure that for the very first start of Neutron process (after installation) you have Internet active for around 20 minutes and you do not switch off Neutron during that period.

As to problem cause in general, I do not know really what might be the cause. It looks like some internal OS problem with APK installation because the problem does not happen with all users and is happening with some few users (at least who reported). Practically there is no dependence on generic APK from Google Play.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

hkfoot

Post by hkfoot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks, I did what you suggested, now I just need to wait a little longer to see whether the "Expiry screen" will come out or not.

By the way, after uninstalling and re-install the app, i lost all the setting I have made including eq setting, is there anyway to preserve these settings?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 am

> is there anyway to preserve these settings?

Yes, it is described here:

http://neutronmp.com/faq
Q: After uninstallation and then reinstallation I have all my settings lost, is it possible to avoid that?

hkfoot

Post by hkfoot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks for the link. I don' get the expire screen problem now, after running the neon version for a few hours. Thanks