Delete 1 EQ band from the 32 added

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
nate0

Delete 1 EQ band from the 32 added

Post by nate0 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Let me start by saying this is an incredible app/tool. I have this for Windows 10 and Android. It has a few minor things I wish were added or changed but far superior in a lot of ways.

I wanted to know if in the Android app if there is a way to delete 1 band form my listed custom bands I have added. I added 32 instead of 31. Not a huge deal since band 32 is not configured, but I cannot even clean it up. I am afraid if I change the value of bands from 32 to 31 it will remove a band I do not want it to. Anyone know the process to delete just 1 eq band of our choice? Thanks.

WitzyZed

Re: Delete 1 EQ band from the 32 added

Post by WitzyZed » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:35 pm

If you can export the eq_presets.xml file from your NeutronMP folder, save a copy (just in case), open it in notepad on windows, and you should be able to just delete the EQ band you intend to remove, save and replace.
eq presets.png
eq presets.png (97.43 KiB) Viewed 1279 times

nate0

Post by nate0 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 pm

Awesome insight. I did find out one thing too. I adjusted the bands from the default 30 on the preset to 32. If I back off 1 it deletes the newly added #32 band only. I should have just looked more at the logic in this. If I move any band/channel to the #32 spot and back off the available bands option to 31 it will delete the band #32 that was not there by default..

So in some ways there is more than one way to go about it I guess. I appreciate the insight about using the xml config. What is cool is it just hides/disables the band. So if I put the band count back to 32 it adds the original band back as it was configured. At least that is how it worked on my V35. Thanks.

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:28 am

Ahaha, there's a lot of leaps when using Neutron, not everything is always clear. But more often than not there's some logic too it.

Unrelated, but having looked at the xml file in fact, I'm noticing some values that were input by me initially extending to 2 decimal places, are instead being strung out and rounded up internally, I guess? I'm gonna try and edit the xml to match the intended "#.##" ones and see if they stick...