Neutron in Chord 2go + Hugo2

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
chubillclub

Neutron in Chord 2go + Hugo2

Post by chubillclub » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 am

I've just purchased Neutron (ios version in ipad mini), and use it as a 3rd party MPD for access SD card file in Chord 2go: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2go/. I must say the performance is really good, just one thing: there are frequently pauses for playing sd card file in 2go's wifi mode, but there is very smooth running in 2go's hotspot mode. Can you suggest what parameter(s) I should try to fix it?

blaubär

Re: Neutron in Chord 2go + Hugo2

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:40 am

Could you elaborate ? I've understood that Neutron runs on the iPad and the music files are stored on the Chord. What exactly is an "MPD" ? How does Neutron access the data ?

chubillclub

Post by chubillclub » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:51 am

MPD means "Music Player Daemon": https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mu ... yer_Daemon. Due to Chord 2go does not have its own music player apps, so it needs 3rd party apps, such as Neutron, MConnectHD, BubbleuPnP as the MPD. Before approaching Neutron, I use MConnectHD / Rigelian, they works ok with 2go, just after finding Neutron, it has better music performance than other apps in my opinion. There are many options for access sd card files in 2go, most frequently use are "wifi" and "hotspot" mode. In "wifi mode", both 2go and device with Neutron (ipad mini in my case), connect to the same wifi network, it should be most common method when listen music at home; in "hotspot mode", 2go will generate its own wifi spot, device with Neutron (ipad mini in my case) should switch to connect to the 2go's wifi spot. I work perfectly in "hotspot" mode, just no clue why it cannot be functioned the same in "wifi" mode.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:35 am

So the data are on the Chord, they are transferred to the iPad, processed by Neutron, then transferred back to the Chord, there transformed from digital to analog. That sounds more like a network issue.

chubillclub

Post by chubillclub » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:07 am

blaubär wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:35 am
So the data are on the Chord, they are transferred to the iPad, processed by Neutron, then transferred back to the Chord, there transformed from digital to analog. That sounds more like a network issue.
This is not my intention, I don't want the file in sd card transferred to ipad -> back to Chord, I just want Neutron as a remote control apps, then sd card file directly go to Chord Hugo2 for my headphone listening

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:17 am

Afaik Neutron cannot be used only as a controller. It always processes the data. So if you control with Neutron you also play, and then the data are transferred to Neutron, and if you use a DAC on another device then the processed data are transferred to that device.
blaubär wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:04 am
also see Wikipedia : List of UPnP AV media servers and clients
Neutron Music Player, a cross platform UPnP/DLNA client which is able to read music files from UPnP/DLNA Media Server or send processed audio to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer as an endless stream.
So it would seem that Neutron isn't supposed to act only as a dlna controller.